Erunt/Ngtropt

• Moderators
you can also Analyze registry before optimizing. It's great feature, because you don't have to optimize, if there's no need for that.

That's one feature that NTREGOPT desperately needs to have implemented into it. I've used it many times and have found that the registry optimization improvement was very small and baring on the verge of unnecessary.

• Moderators
CeeCee said:
There's similar program than NTREGOPT, called Free Registry Defrag.

With Free Registry Defrag you can also Analyze registry before optimizing. It's great feature, because you don't have to optimize, if there's no need for that.

I've switched from NTREGOPT to your posted Free Registry Defrag, solely because it displays the percentage beforehand. Thanks for posting it.

I'll also have to check out that WinASO RegDefrag too.

Edit: I won't be using WinASO RegDefrag, the CNET Download.com User Reviews (trustworthy or not) about it messing up the registry is enough to keep me away from it.

Thanks CeeCee and Majomo-got the programs that you suggested-minus the same one as Andavari! Ran them all, and no problems thus far. Really like the exerience! Thanks!

Andavari said:
I've switched from NTREGOPT to your posted Free Registry Defrag, solely because it displays the percentage beforehand. Thanks for posting it.

About a week ago i sended email to support to [removed by moderation] ask, if there's any changelogs/revision history available for FRD, but haven't got any answer yet... It just would be nice to know beforehand, that do i need to upgrade. I.e., if new version just contains Vista fix(es), then there's no need for me to upgrade.

• Moderators
CeeCee said:
About a week ago i sended email to [removed by moderation] support to ask, if there's any changelogs/revision history available for FRD, but haven't got any answer yet... It just would be nice to know beforehand, that do i need to upgrade. I.e., if new version just contains Vista fix(es), then there's no need for me to upgrade.

Well if it wasn't for your link I would have never found FRD because I noticed no links on their site to their freeware.

Hello fellas,

I'm just wondering how you use erunt/ngtropt when your computer crashes and i can't log in using safe mode as my computer gives me a system32 error, windows cannot start. After i press f8 when the computer boots, i keep on getting a system32 error msg irrespective of which option i press. Definitely cannot boot in safe mode. Does this mean i have to reformat my hard drive the "hard way" and lose everything?

I thought this erunt, used in conjuction with the erdnt is supposed to save my bacon from extreme situations like these? Can someone please help?

I think you have misunderstood the purpose of both erunt and erunt. They are not system recovery software. What erunt does is restore a corrupted registry should you have a clean backup. All erunt does is defragment your registry.

If need need help your going to have to be more specific. But rest assured these are not the titles to use for system recovery.

• 1 year later...
CeeCee said:
There's similar program than NTREGOPT, called Free Registry Defrag.

With Free Registry Defrag you can also Analyze registry before optimizing. It's great feature, because you don't have to optimize, if there's no need for that.

Hi CeeCee ,sorry for the delay (I got the link to the thread only today) .

Sounds like a good program, assuming the users reviews at CNET are trust worthy.

Got it, gonna try it.

Thanks

Eli

OS : MS windows XP pro sp3 Processor : AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core 3800, 2009Mhz.
Mother board : Gygabyte M61 PM-S2 Ram : 3GB
Disk space : 649.05 GB Default browser: Firefox
Protection : Sandboxie, MBam free version

• Moderators
Sound like a good program assuming the users reviews at CNET are trust worthy.

Got it, gonna try it.

Free Registry Defrag is trustworthy freeware! The only problem it has is some uncorrected spelling that's been in a few versions.

Free Registry Defrag is trustworthy freeware! The only problem it has is some uncorrected spelling that's been in a few versions.

I think I`ll get over this minor bug... :lol:

Hi Andavari

From your experience with this product, from what defragmentation percentage will it be convenient for me to defrag the registry?

Thanks

Eli

• Moderators
Hi Andavari

From your experience with this product, from what defragmentation percentage will it be convenient for me to defrag the registry?

Thanks

Eli

I go by their recommendation. If the registry is at 2% fragmentation I've found their statement to be true that it isn't necessary to "optimize" it. The registry is typically always going to be at least at 1% or 2% fragmentation!

It isn't the type of tool you'd run all the time either, so it may only need to be used once or twice per year. Strangely I've noticed on two occasions over the years where Windows XP seemingly optimized the registry all on its own and greatly reduced the registry filesize well beyond all the "free registry defrag programs" floating about.

I go by their recommendation. If the registry is at 2% fragmentation I've found their statement to be true that it isn't necessary to "optimize" it. The registry is typically always going to be at least at 1% or 2% fragmentation!

It isn't the type of tool you'd run all the time either, so it may only need to be used once or twice per year. Strangely I've noticed on two occasions over the years where Windows XP seemingly optimized the registry all on its own and greatly reduced the registry filesize well beyond all the "free registry defrag programs" floating about.

Thanks for your reply. I have 4% fragmentation, I wonder if there is any point on defragmenting if there is only 2% difference between their recommendation, and the actual state of my registry.

It is messing with my registry that I`m afraid of, specially if there is a questionable gain from this action in my case.

Eli