Two problems

argen

Hello:

1) Automatic Windows Update was downloading (or installing, I don't remember exactly) new critical updates, and I have run CCleaner at that moment. It was three days ago, and Windows still didn't install the critical updates, I think that CCleaner deleted something that Windows was using in that moment.

2) Every time that I run CCleaner, it reset the customization of the Internet Explorer toolbar and I have to reorder it again. What Should I uncheck at the options to avoid that? (Anyway, I think that CCleaner shouldn't do that).

Thanks.

you shouldn't EVER run CCleaner while installing or updating an application or operating system, as it will do its job and remove all temporary files (which is where some programs uncompress files to while uninstalling).

fireryone

• Moderators

With Internet Explorer visit http://update.microsoft.com/ and see if it will install those updates. If it won't click the links the updates have (something like more information or something along those lines) and follow it to the KB article/download, etc., then download and install those updates from a downloaded .exe file.

It finally installed the updates automatically. Thanks.

The other question remains: why CCleaner resets the IE tollbar arrangement? Every time I run CCleaner I need to personalize it again. I think if one changes the address bar location, adds/removes buttons, hides links bar, etc., it's someting that CCleaner should keep. Thanks again.