Deleting Duplicate Files

Hi. I have beeen using CCleaner for about 6 months now. It's amazing. I've never had a problem with any of its features. I've recomended it to everyone I know, I I install it on every computer I see. The other day, I was looking at similar (but inferior) disk cleaners, and noticed that a few had a feature which scanned the hard disk for duplictae files and then deleted the duplicates. I think this would be another outstanding feature to add to CCleaner. It could be one of the checkboxes or something. Thanks for the time.

• Moderators

Removing duplicate files such as system files like .dll is very dangerous, and I surely hope CCleaner never includes it because it's one of those features that allows end-users to shoot themselves in both feet.

Version: 0.8.1

Release date: 17.12.2006

I never liked duplicate file checkers, too much work finding out if what its found should be deleted!

Let aLONE using one in beta (pre ver 1.0, as it's only 0.8.1)!

I'd recommend leaving the duplicates alone, unless you have lots of spare time to check into every entry!

fireryone

• 1 month later...
I never liked duplicate file checkers, too much work finding out if what its found should be deleted!

Let aLONE using one in beta (pre ver 1.0, as it's only 0.8.1)!

I'd recommend leaving the duplicates alone, unless you have lots of spare time to check into every entry!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi for all!

:unsure: Please, what does it mean each of the 3 ways for a secure, safe and slow mode exclusion, cleaning ?

They are:

Simple mode = in 1 Step;

"DOD 5220.22-M" in 3 Steps ;

and the third option, also for a safe cleaning is named "NSA" in 7 Steps.

Which of them is safer ????? :blink:

How about to translate these abrev. by some much more understanding and familiar words to not-advanced vocabulary?

Sorry for my english.

Humberto

[/font]

http://humbertohpc.sites.uol.com.br

A photo essay: instantaneous images of people on the streets ,

no touristical points of Porto Alegre, southest city of Brazil,

in Rio Grande do Sul.

A few words in... brazilian portuguese.

Please read the Beginners Guide : http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=1504

It should answer most if not all your questions, if not come right back and use the, t_new.gif button,

Instead of replying off topic (this topic is about Duplicate Files not Secure Deletion) ;) .

Welcome to the forum, If you need any further help let us know. :)

fireryone