Paragon Hard Disk Manager 8

Sputnik

Exclusive Computeractive Download Offer - Expires April 11, 2007

We?re giving you the full commercial version of Paragon Hard Disk Manager 8, a full-featured program for backing up and partitioning hard disks, worth ?43.

Download the installer here and get your serial here

Enjoy :)

Ceci n'est pas une signature

• Moderators

Here is a description of the program:

When you purchase a new PC, it will ship with the hard drive either pre-formatted as one large drive or segmented in to different drives. All good, if that?s the solution you wanted. Generally speaking, you?re stuck with however the PC manufacturer decided to format your drive. Partitioning and general drive management tools are fairly sparse within Windows and certainly not applicable to the average end-user.

Paragon?s Hard Disk Manager is a complete suite of disk management tools, offering everything you should need to partition, backup, create an image, clone and recover your existing drive. When you receive your new PC, the first thing you?ll want to do is to remove or extend the existing partitions. Paragon Hard Disk Manager makes this process easy through its easy-to-follow user-interface.

If you want to move across files from your old PC, the disc copying function with Hard Disk Manager will enable you to clone an old drive or drive partition. For instance, if you have a partition that contains your music, instead of spending time copying each audio file, manually, simply clone the partition to your new drive. Simple.

Once you start using your computer, you?ll have installed applications and important work files. It?s imperative that you make a regular backup of your data. You can manually backup your drive, schedule a regular backup and even create a differential backup so only the files you?ve amended since the last backup, will be backed up.

If your system suffers from a crash, getting data back on to your drive is also simple. You can also create a recoverable media, such as a bootable backup CD, that will enable you to boot in to the CD and restore your data, should you suffer from a Windows crash that prevents Windows from starting.

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/downloads/216...rd-disk-manager

They give out software all the time. Mostly they do it because they hope if you like this version that you will buy the newest one when it comes out.

OK Thanks

Now hopefully I'll be able to figure out how to make a backup :)

Thanks

But why is it free?????????

It's not the full commercial version despite what computeractive says. It's a limited, "special edition" so if you want the full features you have to pay. Some months ago I downloaded Paragon Drive BackUp 8 and it was also a "special edition". It didn't have the incremental backup option, for example. Anyway, I'm not complaining. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, you know.

• Moderators

I've just caught up to this thread.

And although the closing date was 11th April, I gave it a shot just now and I still successfully got the registration key a day late. :D

Thanks for the link sputnik.