USB Drive

munjo

Hi,

Today i used my USB Drive in a computer to copy some files, when i started copying the files, the antivirus picked up all the folders i had on the drive as virus, and now all my folders have the .exe extension. I can not access my files at all.

Please Help

Regards

The experts will probably get back with you pretty quick. When they do I bet they'll want to know what antivirus you are using, what kind of USB drive, which OS, other details. :)

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

login123 i guess ur right,

well i tried it on winxp and win2000, flash disk is Transcend JetFlash and in terms of antivirus, both Norton and AVG r doing the same thing...

Its creepy a day b4 all this everything was fine and suddenly its gone mad!

• Moderators

Which way were you trying to copy the files munjo, from usb drive to computer, or the other way round?

What type of files were they?

Is your anti virus flagging anything on your computer as infected? If so what is the virus?

If so, can you post a hijackthis log in the analysis part of the forum here

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showforum=12

Instructions on how to do a log are at the top of that page.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Yes, used older ver. 0.88.7, right now running latest as we speak. Has good features: manual update button, memory scan button, selectable file scan button, preferences button. Not fast. Do not know about the detection efficiency. It says Detect Keylogger.exe is a trojan, but i don't think it is. . . :huh: . . . if it is, somebody tell me. :blink:

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators
Any experience of the full Clamwin Antivirus? Another free product.

Yeah, it's slower than any antivirus I've ever used!

Which is why I'm using AVG Free as my resident antivirus, and I installed AntiVir without the guard as my secondary antivirus. Doing things vice versa isn't something I'd do because AVG will constantly warn about the resident shield being turned off however AntiVir shows no warnings when the guard isn't installed.

• 2 weeks later...