Windowsa hotfix files + CCleaner

Atnes

Hello to everybody,

My question: When running the TOOLS section in CCleaner, a lot of Windows hotfix files show in the right window. A LOT! :rolleyes: Should I delete/uninstall them - or would I be running the risk of causing damage to my system? And what about all those Windows Update files that have also accumulated over time? Should they stay - or should they get acquainted with our wonderful CCleaner more closely ? :P

Thank you for your suggestions!

Regards, Atnes

Hello to everybody,

My question: When running the TOOLS section in CCleaner, a lot of Windows hotfix files show in the right window. A LOT! :rolleyes: Should I delete/uninstall them - or would I be running the risk of causing damage to my system? And what about all those Windows Update files that have also accumulated over time? Should they stay - or should they get acquainted with our wonderful CCleaner more closely ? :P

Thank you for your suggestions!

Regards, Atnes

As CCleaner says, they are "Hotfix Uninstallers". Deleting them, you will loose the function "Unistall" for

all the updates installed thru WindowsUpdate. I heard some people having trouble with this, in the past

(specially with previous IE7 betas versions, if i'm not wrong). Deleting them, or leaving them alone is your

choice (and your risk, of course) :unsure:

max_sig.gif Guide in italiano per CCleaner - Recuva - Defraggler - Speccy

As CCleaner says, they are "Hotfix Uninstallers". Deleting them, you will loose the function "Unistall" for

all the updates installed thru WindowsUpdate. I heard some people having trouble with this, in the past

(specially with previous IE7 betas versions, if i'm not wrong). Deleting them, or leaving them alone is your

choice (and your risk, of course) :unsure:

Better leave them alone then, I guess! B) Thanks!

Atnes B)

all the updates installed thru WindowsUpdate.

The question was regarding the Tools>Uninstall section, not the Hotfix uninstallers section of CCleaner.

The uninstall option in the tools section is just the same as uninstalling them through 'Add/Remove programs'. They are there for a reason so don't uninstall them. The delete button there will just delete the entry so it doesn't show up in Add/Remove, also not advisable.

Have a read of the CCleaner beginners guide for a better explanation and any other questions you may have:

http://www.internetrotsyourbrain.com/ccleanerbeginnersguide/

The question was regarding the Tools>Uninstall section, not the Hotfix uninstallers section of CCleaner.

The uninstall option in the tools section is just the same as uninstalling them through 'Add/Remove programs'. They are there for a reason so don't uninstall them. The delete button there will just delete the entry so it doesn't show up in Add/Remove, also not advisable.

Have a read of the CCleaner beginners guide for a better explanation and any other questions you may have:

http://www.internetrotsyourbrain.com/ccleanerbeginnersguide/

Uhm... sorry, i've misunderstood the question. Uninstall the hotfixes from Tools section

of CCleaner means unistall all the Windows Updates (same can be done from Windows

Control Panel - Add/Remove), while uninstall the hotfixes unistallers means uninstall

the uninstallers only, but keeping all the Updates installed. Isn't? :(

max_sig.gif Guide in italiano per CCleaner - Recuva - Defraggler - Speccy