drive cleaner & registry cleaner

xxxxsh4d0wxxxx

• Moderators

Unless you didn't install your new graphics card correctly, the drivers from your old card are not the problem. There are programs to see drivers, but none I know of are free.

It really does sound to me like your friend/relative traded you a busted card. Did you ever try putting the card back in his pc to see if it had any problems?

He doesn't have an AGP slot. I'm going to get my old card back this weekend. I just figured maybe the old drivers were installed, or the registry had been messed up. Either way, CCleaner came up with no errors for the registry.. then I downloaded TweakNow RegCleaner, and It found like 15 objects. I know there is more, I just need a cleaner to get them.

I really don't get how a card could be faulty.. I mean I looked at it and it looks brand new, which it probably is.. so I'm not too sure.

I downloaded TweakNow RegCleaner, and It found like 15 objects. I know there is more, I just need a cleaner to get them.

Just be VERY careful with the reg cleaners though, you'll end up doing more harm than good if you're not.

• Moderators

Registry cleaners more than likely aren't going to fix it.(I tried that program, not everything it finds is safe to remove.. I believe it labels things by color and I remember even some of the yellow and green stuff wasn't things I would clean)

You could alway try registry mechanic(not free) if you just determined to see if it works.

I can't see this card being broken. It is seriously brand new. I know it's got to be something with Call of Duty 2.. like I'll play and it will either freeze, or the monitor will go black. I tried Call of Duty forums.. and no one seems to have an answer either. :(

..And yes, I know what and what not to delete. I could go through it manually.. but that would take God knows how long.

• Moderators
I really don't get how a card could be faulty.. I mean I looked at it and it looks brand new, which it probably is.. so I'm not too sure.

Just because it looks new doesn't mean one thing, and you can get faulty crap "lemons" straight from the factory that are busted before you even install them. I just had a display card replaced this year that burnt itself out after the cooling fan on it had stopped, so I know first hand they do go kaput. However when dealing with a possible display card problem you "may" also have a motherboard issue.

• Moderators
Meh.. I've also come to this conclusion: Computer works --> Works with other games --> only crashes with Call of Duty 2 --> Problem between the game and the card.. not the card itself.

Yeah either a display card driver update, or an update patch for the game. I'm glad I'm not really into PC games (solely a PlayStation gamer now) anymore having to hunt down patches