Disc Defrag apps.

Anthony A

So I ran JK Defrag on the "analyze, defragment and full optimization" setting. Took about 20 min to finish. Than I went into the Windows Defrag and "analyzed" again. The chart was a solid blue block with one green block. I have never seen it look that continuous before. And even though this is not the fastest setting for JK Defrag it's still much faster than the built in Windows Defrag.

It is very good but the full optimisation mode can take a long time and the author of JKDefrag recommends it only be used occasionly due to the intensive hard drive activity. The fast optimisation method is almost as good once you've run the full method once.

It is very good but the full optimisation mode can take a long time and the author of JKDefrag recommends it only be used occasionly due to the intensive hard drive activity. The fast optimisation method is almost as good once you've run the full method once.

Just installed Jk Defrag on one of my Dell Laptops. 80 GIG HD defraged using the full optimization method in 7 Min :P How hard could my HD be working in that time frame?

Hehe just a side note, I wouldn't rely on the Windows defrag engine to tell your how well / poorly your hard drive is fragged :) .

I hear you with that but the difference in the graph is huge after defragging with JK Defrag. I have done this on 1 desktop and two laptops now and it's the same on all of them.

• Moderators
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Vopt.

I've used it before and had a licensed version back in my Win98 days. But in all honesty their old no longer available superb documentation they had on their website was more interesting than their program. :P

• 5 weeks later...

I had been using the Diskeeper Lite free version for a while and then got their 2007. Its really cool, with a slick GUI and some neat features that help defrag the drives continuously without affecting other fucntions and this really seems to be workin, as i found the Invistasking thing switching itself off and on when other stuff needs to be given priorty. It also helps load the most used applications faster. I've tried PerfectDisk before but i like DK better and am sticking to this one.