Wizard scanner and camera 'cleaning'

Harry07

Hi all,

I couldn't find it by using the 'search-mode' so I hope you can/will help me.

I'm very happy with CClaener but I noticed there is something still there instead of deleted.

My Computer English is very limited so I will try to describe it.

When I want to transfer Photo's from the Camera to the PC, the Wizard Scanner and Camera is the 'guide'.

I do the 'right-click' to save it and than see all the previous Maps where I transferred something to.

How can I make CCleaner to clean this to? If possible, please show me some pics and text.

Thanks! ;)

I'm not a Pro, therefore need accasionally some help.

Regards,

Harry

I'm happy you did understand what I mend. :)

You think I should post it in the 'Suggestions' Part? or estimate he will read this (here) anyway?

Regards,

Harry

I'm happy you did understand what I mend. :)

You think I should post it in the 'Suggestions' Part? or estimate he will read this (here) anyway?

I did have two read it a couple of times but I think I did make sense of it,

your Computer English needs work :) but its understandable if someone wants to understand it.

Posting Here should be fine but understandably he doesn't reply to every message :)

for anyone else this is what Harry07 meant

"I couldn't find it by 'searching' so I hope you can/will help me.

I'm very happy with CClaener but I noticed there is something not being deleted.

My Computer English is very limited so I will try to describe it.

When I want to transfer Photo's from the Camera to the PC, I use the Wizard Scanner and Camera which hudes me through the process.

I do the 'right-click' to save it(the photos) and than see all the previous Maps (Places/Directories) where I transferred something to.

Thanks!"

Correct me if I mis-translated something.

Unless someone knows where the image transfer wizard stores its MRU locations/files you'll have to wait.

fireryone

Correct me if I mis-translated something.

Unless someone knows where the image transfer wizard stores its MRU locations/files you'll have to wait.

Very nice! ;)

Don't know/care what MRU's are, but thank you very much for your assistance B)

Regards,

Harry

Harry,

MRU files

Most Recently Used files :)

Aha! actually easy (if you know it) :D

Regards,

Harry

• 2 months later...

@ hazelnut

I've deleted the "RootFileNameMru" but the list in the Wizard scanner and camera, still exists :(

Regards,

Harry

• Moderators

Sorry Harry, but for now I have no more suggestions.

I actually have the Windows Image Aquisition set to disabled in services because of a problem I had with it.

I still can aquire images from my camera (I use Picasa2) no problem.

I am not suggesting that you do this, I am just telling you what I have done.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators
I've deleted the "RootFileNameMru" but the list in the Wizard scanner and camera, still exists :(

It's the first I've even heard of that MRU reference, the crap Microsoft hides continues to be surprising.

Perhaps a Windows reboot can deal with it, not sure if it actually will though. :huh:

Hi Harry07

Are you using Windows software or your camera's own software program?

I've had some experience with "Kodak Easy Share" software and it can be a nightmare! :angry: especially if you try renaming folders and or files, and even moving them within my pictures, you can end up with extra copies.

I have a Fuji camera at the moment and the software is easier to use than the standard "Windows Image Acquisition Transfer Wizard" thing. :P You should have an option to chose what program (your camera's?) you use for Image transfer from your camera to the default folder "My Pictures" and my guess is windows will always make some sort of file copy, MRU... also in CCleaner (Advanced) tab do you have (Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 48 hours) checked? this may make a difference.

Another way to transfer pics from your camera to a PC :rolleyes:

After connecting the camera and turning it on, close any software apps that start' and browse to your camera's pictures storage folder on the camera.

Windows basically see's a camera as a removable drive, select the folder or files and copy them to (by default) "My Pictures" folder, by doing it this way you should have more control over whats going on.

Windows will probably keep some info in a temp folder that CCleaner should clean.

Some more explanation of my problem.

I use XP-P.

If I use the mentioned Wizard, it asks me what to do. After that I tell the Wizard I want to copy them (pics) to a to be named file. (the Wizard is a Microsoft one). After that I click "next" and see the pics.

Next I get the choice of naming the file and the question where to put the pics in (pull down menu). This pull down menu is full of 'old' files that are used in the passed to put pics in.

That's what I want to delete.

Bad English but I hope you get the point now :rolleyes:

"... also in CCleaner (Advanced) tab do you have (Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 48 hours) checked? this may make a difference."

Yes, it's checked but doesn't work in this Wizard :angry:

Thanks an regards,

Harry07

Regards,

Harry

Some more explanation of my problem.

I use XP-P.

If I use the mentioned Wizard, it asks me what to do. After that I tell the Wizard I want to copy them (pics) to a to be named file. (the Wizard is a Microsoft one). After that I click "next" and see the pics.

Next I get the choice of naming the file and the question where to put the pics in (pull down menu). This pull down menu is full of 'old' files that are used in the passed to put pics in.

That's what I want to delete.

Bad English but I hope you get the point now :rolleyes:

"... also in CCleaner (Advanced) tab do you have (Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 48 hours) checked? this may make a difference."

Yes, it's checked but doesn't work in this Wizard :angry:

Thanks an regards,

Harry07

Found the solution with help from another Website.

It's all in the DirectoryNameMru. I couldn't delete it so I select it, cut (NO paste!) and did a reboot. GONE! B)

I thank you (all) for your attention and help and hope my answer makes it possible for the C-Cleaner team to implement it in c-Cleaner ;)

Regards,

Harry

Regards,

Harry

I take it, it was this entry you removed or edited to clear the MRU?

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WIA\WiaAcquisitionManager

and saw some of the names that I had used for my pictures. I deleted the sentence that contained the names and rebooted the comptuer.

Seems both the "RootFileNameMRU" and the "DirectoryNameMRU" removed or edited because both contain old MRU info.

Below is the direct link

Edited by fireryone

fireryone

Same link as I posted a couple of posts above Firery, perhaps Harry will let us know.

I know, I was reposting the link and the actual quote (I've edited my post to reflect that better :lol: ).

That way, when anoher with the same problem will find the solution faster.

I'd like to know If he deleted or only edited the entry.

fireryone

Same link as I posted a couple of posts above Firery, perhaps Harry will let us know.

Of course I will let you know ;)

RootFileNameMru:

I noticed that the entries in this looked like those of the Camera Wizard... but it appeared to be less entries.

The first I did was remove (accidental) the complete RootFileNameMru file. After reboot this was fortunately restored by Windows.

But this time it was empty (no entrys).

The DirectoryNameMru:

opened it by double clicking. On the left part you see the binarycodes and on the right some mixed up digits and characters.

I placed the cursor in this pop up, right click highlighted it, right click again, choose "cut", closed all screens, and reboot.

After that I went back to this file to see what happened. It was empty (besides 0000) and the Wizard only contained some entries where I can choose from. But not ALL the entrys from the previous photo transfers. B)

Perhaps it's better to safe the entries first, but you can copy it but no pasting (noticed that).

Think that "File" -> "Export" could do the trick?

Forgive me my 'strange' English ;)

p.s. if this answer is not what you wanted, please explain in other words what you want.

Regards,

Harry