suggestions for upcoming version!

it would be good if CrapCleaner cud update like those anti-viruses and anti-spywares like without opening your browser ... what do you think? :rolleyes:

if there is a way to optimize your system for a much faster system ... please do add such an option .. it would be very much appreciated! :rolleyes:

in the uninstall window ... you could add an option of how to view the entries .. for example ... By Name, By Size, By Date Installed .. etc. ;)

could add cleanup schedule.. if the user is very lazy .. lol .. :P

people PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE say something about this ... :mellow:

Simplicity is hard.

hi few more additions pls....

i have used it.... i have used other cleaners too...... but this one is the best....

features to be added....

1) after the cleaning work.. pls, in the report that it gives .... make it column wise! the size of the deleted file is not shown in a separate column.!

2) not only that- proper sorting( automatic sorting by pressing the main title of each column of each category )also shud be included. this ll help us in finding the paths.

eg: a column of sl no. , path of deleted files /entries, size

when the main title is pressed, the entries shud be sorted automatically. this will help in finding a particular deleted entry.

eg: when we press the title in size column , the entries shud be sorted according to size (increasing or decreasing order)of the deleted file.

@ c cleaner authorities

pls reply to me if u have read this :

thank u.

--------

Edit: Email address removed by moderation for your protection!

Hi,

Would it be possible to add drive letters to cleaning options. For example, I've installed my documents on a another (physical) drive that also has a different drive letter. Temp files from MS Word are not cleaned, I think because CCleaner only searches C drive.

Thanks.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
hi few more additions pls....

i have used it.... i have used other cleaners too...... but this one is the best....

features to be added....

1) after the cleaning work.. pls, in the report that it gives .... make it column wise! the size of the deleted file is not shown in a separate column.!

2) not only that- proper sorting( automatic sorting by pressing the main title of each column of each category )also shud be included. this ll help us in finding the paths.

eg: a column of sl no. , path of deleted files /entries, size

when the main title is pressed, the entries shud be sorted automatically. this will help in finding a particular deleted entry.

eg: when we press the title in size column , the entries shud be sorted according to size (increasing or decreasing order)of the deleted file.

I agree with all of this but wait... There's more.

If you could make your progress bar show progress in the cleaner that would be great. I was thinking if pressing analyze can come up with how many files and there sizes.. You could have it remove files starting with the largest and show progress as relationship of percentage of how many files deleted : total number of files to delete. That way it goes faster on the progress bar as it works. Or at very least change the bar so that instead of wraping around when it hits the end it bounces from end to end. Perhaps you could even intergrate both together?

Hi,

CCleaner does a very good job of cleaning the XP registry.

But it always fails to catch OpenSaveMRU entries that point to files no longer present on the hard drive (at least at the saved location).

"WT Registry Cleaner XP" is a discontinued application but it does catch those dead registry entries.

I would appreciate if CCleaner did catch such entries as can be found for example in the following keys:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU\mht

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU\zip

Thanks for a great utility.

Cheers,

Robert

?

Windows 98se Registry Compress

I find the simplest way to defrag (compress) the Registry on 98se is to add this to the Autoexec.bat file

(Remove the REM and following space to make it work on the next re-start)

REM SCANREG /OPT /FIX

Don't know if it works on more modern versions of Windows

For future CCleaner Versions

I'd like to see the ability to ignore the A: drive - I can't find an Exclude that works for this (A:\*.* doesn't work)

I'd like to scan Other HDDs and USB drives - like external HDDs and USB pen drives.

?

• Moderators
REM SCANREG /OPT /FIX

I used scanreg /fix back in my Win98 days. Many people probably don't know about it and that's what most programs on Win98 that I've used to optimize the registry use - what's worse is some utilities charge money to do something that's already built into Win98.

• 2 months later...

How about not taking money from personal paypal accounts just for viewing your information page in your upcompng version??? This practice of taking money from someone and than not having a place for any recourse or contact iformation seems a might unethical way to run a bussiness.

Gotcha Consumer

• Moderators

Would you like to give a few more details about this?

Had you already made a donation to CCleaner before your visit to the page?

Is this the page you are talking about?

http://www.CCleaner.com/downloadbuilds.asp

May I suggest that if you feel Piriform took money from your paypal account without your authorisation, that you contact paypal and ask for proof.

Also perhaps contact Piriform with all the details.

http://www.piriform.com/contact

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com