Free Kaspersky 6.0 (after rebate)

Madmartigan

Buy.com is one of the biggest online shopping stores and one of Amazon.com's main competitors.

It's a good place to shop unless of course, you live in California, then you are more likely to buy from Amazon.com (no tax in Cal) or newegg.com (tax in Cal, but better services).

Btw, good deal on Kaspersky. Rebate is annoying, but it is free after.

---

I don't think I feel comfortable giving me CC to a company called buy.com.

Sounds spamy to me.

If you want kaspersky though, I guess this is a good deal.

Buy.com is one of the most legitimate online retailers. They've been around for quite a few years.

Over the holidays they had some amazing sales using Google checkout. A friend picked up several new Western Digital 250 gig external hard drives for $80 each (with free shipping) after Google checkout. Creative Zen 512 mg mp3 players were $10 after rebate and Google checkout!

I've never had a problem with rebates or their free shipping option.

I ordered one item on a Tuesday afternoon a week or two before the holidays (free shipping), and received it on Wednesday morning!

On most sites with "good deals" forums, the most quoted sites are Buy.com, Amazon, Newegg and Outpost (not necessarily in that order).

Each one sends out a confirmation e-mail within seconds of your order, and the minute the item is shipped, you're sent a tracking number.

newb Q, whats a rebate?

It is when you get sent back an advertised amount (of money) back after you purchase the item.

Usually you have to Mail/Fax back your receipt and some details and the offering company will pay you back.

fireryone

It is when you get sent back an advertised amount (of money) back after you purchase the item.

Usually you have to Mail/Fax back your receipt and some details and the offering company will pay you back.

But why? Whats in it for them?

• Moderators
But why? Whats in it for them?

Its sort of a scam.

You see they are trying to hook you into buying it, and they offer rebates in hope that you wont send it in.(so they keep the money)

Believe me people are lazy enough not to address an envelope and put a stamp on it.

Some places even do them online now and people still dont do it. :rolleyes:

It most only happen in America where we are especially lazy. :P (not all, but some)