Avira Antivir Personal Edition in winapp.ini

This is the current entry in winapp.ini

[AntiVir Personal Edition]LangSecRef=3024DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\AVPersonal\AVGUARD.exeDefault=TrueFileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\AVPersonal\AVTEST|*.*FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\AVPersonal\FAILSAVE|*.*FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\AVPersonal\INFECTED|*.*FileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\AVPersonal\LOGFILES|*.*FileKey5=%ProgramFiles%\AVPersonal\SYSSAVE|*.*FileKey6=%ProgramFiles%\AVPersonal\TEMP|*.*FileKey7=%ProgramFiles%\AVPersonal\TESTPATH|*.*FileKey8=%ProgramFiles%\AVPersonal\UPDATE|*.*

In this way doesn't work anymore, the new correct reference IMO must be:

[Antivir Personal Edition Classic]LangSecRef=3024Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\H+BEDV\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic V 7		Default=TrueFilekey1=%allusersprofile%\Application Data\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\LOGFILES|*d.logFilekey2=%allusersprofile%\Application Data\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\TEMP|*.*

Note: The string *d.log is due to the following:

In the LOGFILES folder there are 3 saved files, Avguard.log, Sched.log and Setup.log.

Not sure if Setup.log is needed for uninstall Antivir, so i prefere leave it alone.

If someone can confirm this is very welcome... :)

max_sig.gif Guide in italiano per CCleaner - Recuva - Defraggler - Speccy

• Moderators

I'm not using AntiVir anymore due to nothing but update problems, however you're correct it needs updated in winapp.ini.

I was using this in winapp2.ini:

[Avira AntiVir v7]LangSecRef=3024Default=TrueDetect=HKLM\Software\H+BEDV\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic V 7FileKey1=%allusersprofile%\Application Data\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\LOGFILES|*.logFileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic|*.old

Also there's really no need to keep that old winapp.ini entry at all it's completely outdated and non-working.

Edit: Note you can clean the logs all you want, but from my experience it doesn't do anything as they're still listed in AntiVir and must be deleted in AntiVir.

Some months ago i had same problems updating Antivir (used Avast for a while),

Now problems with updates seem definitely solved :rolleyes:

You are right. Reports and Events are still listed in Antivir interface, also after deleting an huge

log file (it was about 39Mb :blink:). Isn't still clear to me how it works... i'll investigate more...

However, i want to say i must always edit almost all strings, in winapp.ini, for make it "italian localized".

As said in other message, "Application Data" for me (i mean for my Windows, of course)

is "Dati Applicazioni", and "Local Settings" is "Impostazioni Locali". So i need manually give

the correct path for each application, in order to get CCleaner working. I have no idea if this

is an "issue" that affect some others "not-english" users (french, spanish, germans, and so on... )

:unsure:

• Moderators

Since the system variables are different it would have to be compiled differently for other languages not just the language shown in the program. So for instance when you choose the Italian language version it could install compliant winapp.ini files, etc., for your Italian version of Windows. Of course if you want that you'd need to ask for that capability as a requested feature.

I don't _want_ nothing, i ask kindly :lol:

Is not a big deal for me, since usually i build my own winapp.ini, deleting

every unuseful entry for my system, adding others, and so on...

And replacing this file after installing of new CCleaner releases.

But many people isn't aware about all this, wonder if many complaints about

CCleaner not working are simply due to different Windows localizations...

:unsure:

• Moderators
But many people isn't aware about all this, wonder if many complaints about

CCleaner not working are simply due to different Windows localizations...

If at all I "think" I've only seen it mentioned maybe once. One of the problems is people who install applications into a non-default directory.

That AntiVir cleaning routine was just added in winapp2.ini.

Sorry, maybe there are some misunderstanding, due to my very poor english... :huh:

No doubt that it works on your computer Twisted Metal, since i suppose you own an english

localized Windows version. For get them working on my computer, i must edit the strings like this:

Filekey1=%allusersprofile%\Dati Applicazioni\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\LOGFILES|.logFilekey2=%allusersprofile%\Dati Applicazioni\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\TEMP|*.*

:)

• Moderators

Perhaps different variables would work?

Three examples, and I have no idea if they will work:

Filekey1=%applicationdata%\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\LOGFILES|.logFilekey2=%applicationdata%\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\TEMP|*.*

Filekey1=%appdata%\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\LOGFILES|.logFilekey2=%appdata%\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\TEMP|*.*

Filekey1=%commonappdata%\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\LOGFILES|.logFilekey2=%commonappdata%\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\TEMP|*.*

"If they do work" it could solve issues for different languages of Windows.

Thanks Andavari,

i will try all these strings, but i doubt they can work, since "Application Data" and "Local Settings" IMO

are not "internationalizable" (if this word exist LOL!). AFAIK only %programfiles%, %userprofile% and

%allusersprofile% can work in that way. However, try them is quite simple, and if it work i'll see

immediately the stuff to clean after press Analyze button. So i go to test, and will post soon the results.

Ty :)

No way :(

I have also searched Google, the only environment variables availables by default are the following:

-----------------------

%allusersprofile%=LetteraDriveSistema:\Documents and Settings\All Users

%appdata%=LetteraDriveSistema:\Documents and Settings\NomeProfilo\Dati applicazioni

%CommonProgramFiles%=LetteraDriveSistema:\Programmi\File comuni

%homepath%=\Documents and Settings\NomeProfilo

%ProgramFiles%=LetteraDriveSistema:\Programmi

%SystemDrive%=LetteraDriveSistema:

%SystemRoot%=LetteraDriveSistema:\WINDOWS

%temp%=LetteraDriveSistema:\DOCUME~1\NomeProfilo\IMPOST~1\Temp

%tmp%=LetteraDriveSistema:\DOCUME~1\NomeProfilo\IMPOST~1\Temp

%userprofile%=LetteraDriveSistema:\Documents and Settings\NomeProfilo

%windir%=LetteraDriveSistema:\WINDOWS

------------------------

The variable %appdata% points to the 'UserName\Application Data' folder, while

all my Application Data are stored in 'AllUsers\Applications Data', as you can see here:

immaginejv6.th.jpg

Of course i could

create a customized variable, but this is not a solution that could work for everyone.

Guess the easiest way is manually edit winapp.ini :unsure: