Ad-Aware 2007 Beta

Humpty

Not my cup of tea but I may give it a go a bit later.

Ad-Aware 2007 Features

* Fully redesigned engine ? provides optimal productivity with fast scans and top resource efficiency

* Advanced Code Sequence Identity technology ? results in better detection of deeply imbedded and emerging malware

* Enhanced Detection Database ? protects Ad-Aware 2007 users from more malware, with incremental and automatic updates resulting in fast download times

* New graphical user interface (GUI) - easy to navigate for beginners while maintaining advanced options for experienced users and businesses

* Automatic scans and Web Updates ? the all-new scheduler allows you to set a personalized schedule for automatic scans and definition file updates

* Ad-Watch TrackSweep ? this new feature erases tracks left while surfing the Internet on IE, Firefox and Opera, in one easy click of a button

* Ad-Watch Connect ? provides users with advanced protection as an additional shield against hijackers and identify theft

* Hosts File Editor ? allows users to add, delete or make changes to the Hosts File to create Web navigational shortcuts and block specific sites

* Multiple Browser Support ? Internet Explorer, Firefox and Opera

* System Restore Point ? provides a system restore point, particularly valuable for computer users who may have deleted a file in error during cleanup of their system

Link

sounds good to me,checking it out now.always liked ad-aware in the past,just hope this one will be as good as or better than avg AS

edit : ugh when i try run it i only get some huge weird looking code in notepad.the thing is called aawbeta.msi,shudnt it be a .exe @ the end of the file?anyway cant get it working which is a shame

Who watches The Watchmen?

• Moderators

.msi is another type of installer. I think you have to have .net framework installed(don't quote me on that though. :P)

I got it to work but I didn't like the new look and I doubt its any better than the old one. :(

• Moderators

We will have to wait and see with the final version.

This one just didn't seem like it was all that different besides the interface.

Hopefully it will turn out to be good because adaware used to be top dog, and another good free on demand scanner is always nice. :)

. . .what's required is Microsoft Windows Installer (freeware) . . .

Glad you posted that, just downloaded it. Thanks.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators
Glad you posted that, just downloaded it. Thanks.

I find it strange that they didn't include the redistribution version of Windows Installer as that's per the norm for most MSI packages and in reality the now bloated setup file wouldn't be that much bigger with it included. What's also strange is download sites not mentioning Windows Installer must be pre-installed, but in any event Windows Installer is a must have installed component as many products utilize it.

• Moderators
Actually what's required is Microsoft Windows Installer (freeware) for Win9x/Me and Win2000/XP, then there shouldn't be any troubles installing .MSI packages.

Now there`s an interesting thing.

Went to look at that installer, not having changed from FF to IE7, which is usually necessary for Microsoft stuff.

Got the usual "Validation Required" button to press, but after pressing, got a download window for a "Windows Genuine Advantage Plug-in" for Firefox and Netscape.

Didn`t know there was such a thing.

However, will pass on the plug-in, as they say if you are having problems with it, there`s an alternative method of validation.

That tells me people have been having problems.

Anyway, thanks for link.

:)

However, will pass on the plug-in, as they say if you are having problems with it, there`s an alternative method of validation.

That tells me people have been having problems.

On the one occasion I tried it, it simply didn't work (didn't cause any problems as such). The alternative method works fine though.

So stupid question time-does it work with Vistas, and is it permanent free, or is it a trial (time expiry?)? Should I bother to upgrade, so stay with the previous version? :)

• Moderators

Well I wouldn't rely on it very much right now because its beta.

Anyway once its out of beta its probably going to be like before(free on demand and you pay for real time monitoring).

I don't know about vista, you have to try that out yourself. If I were you I would use super instead. :P