CCleaner slows other programs

leritz

Just wondering, if leritz gave us a HJT log wouldnt we would know for sure if he had anything else running at startup.

ps.

If you run an Easy Cleaner clean (both the unneeded files & registry clean), instead of CCleaner, does it have the same effect on the system?

Have you checked you ram for faults? Using a utility like memtest.

fireryone

Hello,Please clarify which CCleaner process/es you are running. The "Cleaner",which can clean Old prefetch data and variuos files,but NO registry entries, OR "Issues" which is the registry cleaner. They are seperate processes and run seperately. If you are running both, maybe try running just one and see the effects to try to better point to which process is causing the problem. ME and 2000 handle memory much better than 98.

Read my replies.

Hello,Please clarify which CCleaner processes you are running. The "Cleaner",which can clean Old prefetch data and variuos files,but NO registry entries, OR "Issues" which is the registry cleaner. They are seperate processes and run seperately. If you are running both, maybe try running just one and see the effects to try to better point to which process is causing the problem. ME and 2000 handle memory much better than 98.

Hi

Please reread my questions. I REREAD ALL of your responses NO WHERE do you specify which processes you are using, yet statements indicate you are using both. Again they are 2 seperate processes that are run seperately. If it appears to be the "Cleaner", try unselecting one item at a time to help further eliminate possibilities or Find the particular item that might be causing the problem.

Since you have 2 other machines try using the larger memory from one of the other PC's to eliminate that issue. If the memory is the same type. It might fix it, it might not, but we will know.

We are trying to help you, but you must be willing to work with us and try some of these suggestions that many are making. To solve any problem we must go through the process of elimination based on trying and facts not supposition.

Good luck,enjoy the challange/opportunity of solving this.

Thank you.