Yahoo with version 1.37?

Scrivello

• Moderators

Other websites aren't authorized to have the builds without the Yahoo Toolbar, therefore in the future if you don't want the Yahoo Toolbar included you should always get the installer(s) without the toolbar by visiting this page (I recommend bookmarking it):

http://www.CCleaner.com/downloadbuilds.asp

You could have opted not to install the toolbar.

The Yahoo Toolbar for IE should be removable in Add/Remove Programs. I'm not sure how the Firefox one works so in Firefox you may want to look into Tools->Add-ons and see if it's removable in there.

Thanks Andavari - have found the non-toolbar version of CCleaner thanks to your link - but having great difficulty removing the bloody thing from Firefox.

Why oh Why did you do this, CCleaner?? Is no-one else bothered?

edit: Tools > Extensions > remove Yahoo toolbar has done the trick!

Hi:

Firefox 2.0.0.1 does NOT contain the toolbar. I'm looking at my copy as I type this. Go to www.mozilla.com and you will find the correct file there. To remove it from Firefox-you must completely uninstall Firefox from your computer. Then you can install the version you want.

Hi:

Firefox 2.0.0.1 does NOT contain the toolbar. I'm looking at my copy as I type this. Go to www.mozilla.com and you will find the correct file there. To remove it from Firefox-you must completely uninstall Firefox from your computer. Then you can install the version you want.

Think you misread the thread ;)

Hi:

Do I really have to uninstall firefox completely to get rid of Yahoo even if I've already managed to make the toolbar disappear?

Do I really have to uninstall firefox completely to get rid of Yahoo even if I've already managed to make the toolbar disappear?

No you don't (jc836 seemed to be answering a completely different question), as long as the Yahoo add on is gone its sorted.

And yes you should always pay lots of attention when installing stuff.

• Moderators
It's the principle of the thing! Maybe I should pay more attention when installing stuff...

You really should because you could have easily avoided installing Yahoo Toolbar, also remember to read the license agreements of software to see if they elude to installing any adware/spyware as it can save you a hell of allot of headaches.

No. However; you may want to look in your Firefox prefs.js file with Notepad located in your Firefox profile folder file it should be in (C:\Documents and Settings\Your Windows User Profile\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\Your Firefox User Profile) for remaining now dead elements of Yahoo toolbar - I know some extensions do leave crumbs behind in there sometimes. It also wouldn't hurt to look into the extensions folder as well because sometimes crap can linger there.