New Storm Trojan starts malware war

Humpty

• Moderators
It amazes me that people click IM links to random sites/files. :(

That's because there's more idiots than people with common sense - and it's true, believe me I worked retail for ten years and some of the stupidity I've witnessed makes me wonder.

I don't understand as well. My friend was talking to me on Yahoo Messenger and I got a link to some IM smile Icon and simple enough it was a Virus. Not that I clicked it though :lol:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

It amazes me that people click IM links to random sites/files. :(

Me too. People act as if the internet is completely harmless. Maybe they just don't know? My roommate can't stop herself from clicking on every game ad on myspace, you know the one's that blink and say play me, or something like that? It drives me nuts! People just don't care I guess.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Install IE Spyad or a host file when she isn't looking. :P

haha :lol:

Great idea! Host file should go undetected. ;)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

• Moderators
Host file should go undetected.

Actually it wouldn't. Spybot-S&D produces false positives when scanning some hosts files with particular blocked sites, as can other antispyware.

Edit: Also blocking certain sites in IE's restricted sites can also trigger some false positives.