Singingfish search is kaput!

Andavari

• Moderators
The Singingfish search which found hundreds of music and video searchs for download is now kaput and now redirects to AOL Video. :(

Listen to shoutcast radio most times I`m here with WinAmp. Never got into Singingfish music search.

But, spookily enough, I`ve just downloaded 20 mins ago an update of the free player to V 5.33.

I`m assuming here that you use winamp. If you do, and have not looked at the update, there`s a couple of new features:

NEW! WINAMP REMOTE Beta - get your music anywhere.

NEW! WINAMP DASHBOARD Beta - your daily feeds.

If not, just ignore that.

Haven`t installed it yet, but I tried a search on Singingfish with V5.32.

Two different artist searches, yet I didn`t get AOL. Each time I got a video of Donald Trumps "Apprentice". ;)

Work that one out.

Regards

• Moderators
I`m assuming here that you use winamp. If you do, and have not looked at the update, there`s a couple of new features:

Not fond of Winamp anymore and basically gave up on it years ago in the 2.8x era although I've dabbled a bit here and there with version 5.x but can't get used to it again due to using omnipotent ("almighty") Foobar2000.

• Moderators

Had a look at Foobar, and if you are into manipulating Audio/Video, then it does appear to be as you so succinctly put it, omnipotent.

But 1000`s of radio stations, and the look and good sound of Winamp is fine for me at the moment.

Tried a different genre tonight, and had a good hour listening to MegaRock Radio:- Alice in Chains, Velvet Revolver, Sepultura, Slipknot, Brides of Destruction.

The abiding memory of that hour was Brides of Destruction screaming "Shut the Fxxxk Up" for what seemed like an unduly long time. :blink:

Good job we all have different tastes. And you`ll be surprised to hear that I actually enjoyed a couple of bands tonight. :)

Regards

• Moderators
Sepultura is an old favourite and back in the day were some heavy metal wielders from Brasil. I gave up on them after Max Cavalera (lead vocal) left them.

Came across this site tonight: finetune

Stuck Sepultura in the search box just for the hell of it, and came up with a lot af info and tracks. I`m probably the last one to find this site, as usual, but it is the slickest thing I`ve seen, and it`s well worth exploring.

I`ve found just about every artist or genre I`ve put in the search field, and you can listen to full streams or 30sec samples first.

This is worth a look for anyone.

Regards

• Moderators

Sepultra sings that song Resist, don't they?

Thats the only one I've heard. :lol:

Alice In Chains is pretty awesome, but once their singer died I knew they were finished. But oddly enough they are touring again and I think there singer is even a black dude. Which is pretty cool considering he sounds pretty similar to Layne, who had an amazing voice.

Andavari have you seen that Ozzfest is going to be free this year? I'm planning to get tickets(mainly just for ozzy, I just want to see if he can still sing) but they are probably going to be next to impossible to get. They haven't released their roster but they usually have some big names on their main stage.(I want to say last year AC/DC even did a few shows. I would LOVE to see them.) I know Sabbath is touring with Dio again this year, would be pretty interesting to see them there. :lol:

I also just read that Chris Cornell has split with Audioslave. The guy has an amazing voice and audioslave to me were nothing but a disappointment. I didn't like Rage Against the Machine and thats what their stuff sounded like without the strange little rapper guy. :lol: I just wish someone would write Cornell some cool songs so that he has something good to sing.(Soundgarden was ok, not my favorite though)

Also I think the new VR album is due soon!(Supposedly so is the new GNR but I'll believe that when I see it. :rolleyes: )

The first VR album was mediocre looking back, but they have all of the ability to be great. Slash is god on guitar and Scott Weiland has a pretty cool voice.(Anyone seen him singing the Doors' songs? Pretty spooky how much he can sound like Morison)

• Moderators
Andavari have you seen that Ozzfest is going to be free this year? I'm planning to get tickets(mainly just for ozzy, I just want to see if he can still sing) but they are probably going to be next to impossible to get.

Nope, I'm not going to Ozzfest. Ozzy can most likely still sing really good!

• Moderators

I really want to go, but with the tickets being free you probably have to camp out to get them or something.

I'm not really into waiting in line for days. :(

But if I can get them from ticketmaster and just pay shipping I'm totally going.

Despite all the craziness about ozzy he honestly can sing(might be could.. he can't even talk now.).

He has one of the most recognizable voices of any rock singer.

• Moderators
Despite all the craziness about ozzy he honestly can sing(might be could.. he can't even talk now.).

He has one of the most recognizable voices of any rock singer.

He`s also one of the funniest guys around. His speech might be slow, but he`s still got one hell of a sharp wit.