Spyware Doctor

rridgely

• Moderators

Go to download.com and get a program called spyware doctor. It has rendered spybot and adaware almost useless. It is free but you dont have automatic update you have to press a get update button but it's worth it. I also recommend spyware gaurd and spyware blaster from java cool. One more thing do not get spydoctor it is differant than spyware doctor.

• Moderators

Propaganda?

I was trying to suggest a very good spywhare remover. I used it on my PC and it found spyware that adaware and spybot missed. If you actually tried it or read the review from cnet than you would know how great it is.

hehe I pissed you off. Sorry.

I'm just playin around.

"What it doesn't do:

Ad-aware can only find spyware identified in its definition file"

That's not true :)

I keep hearing that Spy Sweeper is so great, but how come it looks like crap :P

Hmm, I was hoping that PC-Tools had to do with the oldschool awesome DOS PC-Tools, but alas, no. I see why it looks familiar though: it's actually winguides network. They make that funky registry mechanic that frightens me (and was rebranded as PC Tools Registry Mechanic).

So yeah, now we're doomed with having to use 1,024 different spyware removal tools in order to do our jobs (as techs) or for end-users to clean their machines. I saw this crap happening in 1995, but I was only 15, and powerless to stop it. My friend got an eerie eyeball icon [with a link to a sex site] popping up on his desktop and in his start menu every bootup, and nothing/nobody had ever heard of it, so I removed it manually. It was a PITA.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

Go to download.com and get a program called spyware doctor. It has rendered spybot and adaware almost useless. It is free but you dont have automatic update you have to press a get update button but it's worth it. I also recommend spyware gaurd and spyware blaster from java cool. One more thing do not get spydoctor it is differant than spyware doctor.

Product: Spyware Doctor

Time to scan (min:sec): 5:13

Requires restart?: Sometimes (first run: no; second run: yes)

Found:

First run: 780 infections, including BargainBuddy, BookedSpace, DownloadWare, eXact Search Bar, and Lycos Sidesearch

Second run: 770 infections, including BargainBuddy, BookedSpace, DownloadWare, eXact Search Bar, KeenValue PerfectNav, and Lycos Sidesearch

Left:

First run: BargainBuddy, nCase, Search-Exe, and Zserv (but said it safely removed everything)

Second run: BargainBuddy, DownloadWare, and Search-Exe

Nutshell: Great interface, but left big names from the Evil Eight

Result: Great Interface and easy to get started, but missed many of bigger badder spywares... last place

Download.com didn't like it that much :mellow:

• 1 month later...
Propaganda?

I was trying to suggest a very good spywhare remover. I used it on my  PC and it found spyware that adaware and spybot missed. If you actually tried it or read the review from cnet than you would know how great it is.

It's absolutely true. No propaganda or spin whatsoever. Spyware Doctor is definitely one of the top three solutions. ALL reviews are great. And if I were you, I'd check out every application - just download all trial versions and run them all. Don't remove anything yet - see what they find. I liked Spyware Doctor as much as to buy it myself.

Here is my shopping advice - don't buy from developers directly. Go to Froogle, PriceGrabber, EBay and Deprice.Com to compare prices.

I first found this link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=67389

but it turned out that this was the old version of Spyware Doctor, plus with shipping it was costing more.

After comparing prices at PriceGrabber and Deprice, I ended up bying from Deprice

http://www.deprice.com/spywaredoctor.htm

because the price was the lowest I could find, I loved their discount and it was electronic download, so I saved a few bucks there, too.

I too, would recommend anyone go to Download.Com and read what people write about Spyware Doctor, and then trying to make up your own mind.

I just received my June issue of PC World, and it has an article (P.54) on Spyware Doctor. The article compares SWD 3.2 to CounterSpy and Microsoft's free beta sw program and concludes that while SWD shows promise, at the present time it is not in the same league as the other two.

You'll be amazed that I don't get any spyware (or at least, a few but not that much) anymore, mainly because if anyone has realized it is, if you don't go to a bunch of sites that are indubitably crap, or/and use p2p software, you wouldn't get that much.

I think I got 3 spyware/adware files in the last... month?Mainly because I clean cookies, and almost all spyware I [ever] got was from a cookies.

Just don't download stuff unless its trusted, that simple, don't be a moron and type random crap in your address bar.

And that folks is the best anti spyware tool you'll ever need. :-)

Also, I've tried Spyware Doctor, unimpressed.

(I know the computers clean because nothing comes up in hijack this, nor any registry things in my registry etc.)

End of Rant.

hehe I pissed you off.  Sorry.

I'm just playin around.

"What it doesn't do:

Ad-aware can only find spyware identified in its definition file"

That's not true :)

I keep hearing that Spy Sweeper is so great, but how come it looks like crap :P

Hmm, I was hoping that PC-Tools had to do with the oldschool awesome DOS PC-Tools, but alas, no.  I see why it looks familiar though: it's actually winguides network.  They make that funky registry mechanic that frightens me (and was rebranded as PC Tools Registry Mechanic).

So yeah, now we're doomed with having to use 1,024 different spyware removal tools in order to do our jobs (as techs) or for end-users to clean their machines.  I saw this crap happening in 1995, but I was only 15, and powerless to stop it.  My friend got an eerie eyeball icon [with a link to a sex site] popping up on his desktop and in his start menu every bootup, and nothing/nobody had ever heard of it, so I removed it manually.  It was a PITA.

HeHeHe...DjLizard on Attack.... :lol:

• 1 year later...

Here is my shopping advice - don't buy from developers directly. Go to Froogle, PriceGrabber, EBay and Deprice.Com to compare prices.

I first found this link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...;category=67389

but it turned out that this was the old version of Spyware Doctor, plus with shipping it was costing more.

After comparing prices at PriceGrabber and Deprice, I ended up bying from Deprice

http://www.deprice.com/spywaredoctor.htm

because the price was the lowest I could find, I loved their discount and it was electronic download, so I saved a few bucks there, too.

That's one good advice and there are some discounts out there that could really save you some money. I bought Spyware Doctor from www.lightsparkle.com for only $20 (at 30% discount)!

And thumbs up for the program too, it's really good.

• Moderators

psst.. check the dates on topics before you post. This topic is pretty old.

Anyway my opinion on this program has changed since this point. They no longer offer a free version(not a scanner at least) and since this we have all discovered a much better program.(ewido)

and spyware doctor has proven to be crap anyways..almost earning a spot on Eric Howes anti-spyware list of rogue applications for dubious practices concerning the numerous false positives...scare tactics

Lunarsoft.png2vl89qo.gif

and spyware doctor has proven to be crap anyways..almost earning a spot on Eric Howes anti-spyware list of rogue applications for dubious practices concerning the numerous false positives...scare tactics

AGREED

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

That's one good advice and there are some discounts out there that could really save you some money. I bought Spyware Doctor from www.lightsparkle.com for only $20 (at 30% discount)!

And thumbs up for the program too, it's really good.

May I suggest that you try to get your money back if they have a 30 day guarantee and use one of the freebies. :)

My own personal choice would be SuperAntispyware and or Ewido 4.

I know the recommended spyware removal program (one of them at least) is Ewido 4. However currently I only use Kaspersky Anti-Virus as when reading the FAQ of it, it indicates that using it's extended database it will rid your PC (and protect continuously) of spyware.

I know the general consensus is to always use more than one application when encountering such threats, but ONLY looking at Kaspersky, is it a start against spyware?