Formatting problem

munjo

Hi Guys,

I seem to have run into a problem after formatting my windows xp. i've done it b4, but this is the 1st time i've had a problem.

Oki so here is what happened.

1. I ran fdisk and then format c:

2. i booted from my boot disk, and from the menu i selected, start computer with cd-rom support.

3. i keep getting an error of invalid system disk, replace disk and press any key to continue.

4. also i noticed that MSCD001 was not found.

I would appreciate help urgently.

Best regards.

• Moderators

Couple of pages for you to read until someone with a bit more knowledge in this area comes along.

http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-4...-NOT-FOUND.html

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41744

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

I'd recommend going to Bootdisk.com and grab the Win98 bootdisk as it comes with a driver for CD-ROM devices, of course you must boot with CD-ROM support. Then once at a command prompt you could switch to your CD/DVD drive - but of course your Windows installation is probably going to need to have a setup .exe file on it since it isn't automatically booting. Other than that, that's all I know about it since I've never had that problem happen to me and I hope it never does.

Edit:

Once thing I did forget is you can also run on your hard drive you're trying to install Windows onto is: fdisk /mbr

But I have no idea if that will do anything beneficial.

Your best bet is to probably browse/search Microsoft support articles for a proper answer.

Edit 2:

I forgot that a special version of FDISK is needed for todays larger hard drives!

Hiya....

Oki i managed to do a format using a bootdisk frm 'bootdisk.com'.

now there is another problem (not again i hear u say....)

my bootable winxp doesnt want to boot...

it gives an error cdr101

i suspect a jumper problem....

i've set the HDD to master and the CD Drive to Slave....

maybe i should play around with the combinations...

any ideas?

CDR 101

Cause:

Driver issue / Hardware issue.

Recommendations:

1. Clean the CD with alcohol and a cotton ball then see if it works. Also, check for scratches.

2. Boot to a: - Attempt to boot from a boot disk that has CD-ROM support. Test the CD-ROM drive. If the drivers are properly loaded on the diskette, however, you still receive a problem, it's a good possibility it is a hardware issue; attempt to reset the cables.

3. Check cables - If you have moved or installed anything recently into your computer, or booting from A does not detect the CD-ROM, it's a good possibility the cables may not be connected or are loose within your computer. It is recommended that you open your computer and reseat the cables connected on the back of your CD-ROM drive and connected to your Motherboard.

4. Check drivers - Verify you have the latest CD-ROM Drives

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)