Peanut Butter&Jelly

New_Age

I just got done eating my Peanut Butter&Jelly sandwich and I used a Butter Knife for the Peanut Butter and a Spoon for the Jelly. It's funny though. People use a Knife or Spoon for both or sometimes they switch it around and use a Spoon for the Peanut butter and a Knife for the Jelly.

In my search from myself :lol: When using a knife for both YOU GET Peanut Butter in the jelly container while getting the Jelly out. It makes me mad but in a funny way lol. Thought I'd just bring this up :P

What do you use... A Knife or a spoon for both are one for the other?

Edit: O... and I drink coke after words which for a lot of people would not suggest <_<

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

• Moderators

What do you use ? Peanut Butter or Jelly!

I approached this topic with trepidation. What on earth would the click of my mouse reveal. :o

Some new form of.......: Nope we won`t go there.

Now, this is where the "English" language morphs as it crosses the pond. If I put jelly in a sandwich, it would be pretty difficult to hold together, never mind eat.

Jelly on this side of the water is something you eat with custard, or ice cream. It`s comes in various colours (colors), and is very wibbly wobbly.

Putting it between two slices of bread would be a feat deserving of some form of award. Maybe free membership of the local asylum.

Now, if you put Peanut Butter and Jam together, that would be quite acceptable. That raises the question, what do you do with Jam over your side.

With my Jam/Jelly I like a nice strong cheese. Not a big Peanut Butter person.

Always use the same knife for both. Does that make me uncouth, or just really stupid, for getting into this conversation in the first place. :lol:

Love it,

Regards

I am also from the uk and peanut and jam sandwiches are a regular in our household .

I would like to pose the question; when you have covered both slices of the bread which do you put on the top,

the slice with jam or the slice with peanut butter on ??

My son always puts the slice with the jam on top ,when I ask him why, he says he doesn't know he just does.

I use a knife for the jelly or jam, wipe it clean on the other slice of bread, then use it for the peanut butter. I find trying to do it in the reverse order doesn't work as well because the natural peanut butter I use doesn't wipe off very well.

If you eat it with the jelly/jam side on top, the peanut butter doesn't stick to the roof of your mouth as badly.

In Canada, we generally use "jam", e.g., strawberry, raspberry, etc., (or "marmalade" for citrus) when it's made from the whole fruit, and "jelly" when it's made from the extracted juice, e.g., grape, apple, mint, etc.

...PenutButter & Jam...

I use to use a single knife for both spread on butter, peanutbutter, then the Jam and on top of that blank/buttered bread.

:-) most Jam they sell over here, deserves to be called jelly, :lol: no real fruit chunks, :-( add flavoring and color...

We have found a nice chunky jam with, real flavor wouldn't go back, which is in a long jar, so now I use a long spoon for the Jam, else the knife gets too stickey.

...PeanutButter and Cheese ... mmmmm nice

fireryone

Putting it between two slices of bread would be a feat deserving of some form of award. Maybe free membership of the local asylum.

:lol:

Peanut butter and jam ? bolt.gif

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

• 2 weeks later...
I just got done eating my Peanut Butter&Jelly sandwich and I used a Butter Knife for the Peanut Butter and a Spoon for the Jelly. It's funny though. People use a Knife or Spoon for both or sometimes they switch it around and use a Spoon for the Peanut butter and a Knife for the Jelly.

In my search from myself :lol: When using a knife for both YOU GET Peanut Butter in the jelly container while getting the Jelly out. It makes me mad but in a funny way lol. Thought I'd just bring this up :P

What do you use... A Knife or a spoon for both are one for the other?

Edit: O... and I drink coke after words which for a lot of people would not suggest <_<

If you mix Peanut Butter & jelly in a jar then why not just buy some "Goober Grape Jelly" ? :lol:goober.jpg

I wish they made it in Strawberry

When I was in college taking a public speaking class, we had to do a project were you taught someone how to do something. This guy showed how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. He made the sandwich (with just a butterknife) then he said the key is to make sure the peanut butter is on the bottom piece of bread so when you pick it up you fingers don't go through the bread due to pressure. He said that the peanutbutter slice would hold up better than the jelly slice. I thought it was an interesting point.

When I was in college taking a public speaking class, we had to do a project were you taught someone how to do something. This guy showed how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. He made the sandwich (with just a butterknife) then he said the key is to make sure the peanut butter is on the bottom piece of bread so when you pick it up you fingers don't go through the bread due to pressure. He said that the peanutbutter slice would hold up better than the jelly slice. I thought it was an interesting point.

Give him a Nobel prize. :P

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse