Interesting little malware scanner

hazelnut

• Moderators

From panda software, this online scanner took under 1 minute to scan my computer. Couldn't do it in opera had to use IE.

http://www.nanoscan.com/principal.aspx?Lang=en

Anyone else tried it out?

Edit- may be difficult with avira antivir

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators
From panda software, this online scanner took under 1 minute to scan my computer.

Just tried it. Very quick as you say. So quick I`m wondering how effective it is.

Be interesting to see the result of Xanatos trial on his mates infested pc.

Regards

Thanks for the link Hazelnut :)

may be difficult with avira antivir

Antivir is indeed getting quite annoying when running Nanoscan.

Just tried it. Very quick as you say. So quick I`m wondering how effective it is.

They also offer ActiveScan 2.0 which appears to be more thorough

Ceci n'est pas une signature

will post his results when i see him this weekend,shud be interesting.

i started fixing his pc last week,was so horribly infested with viruses,trojans,spyware,malware,was giving me a headache just thinking bout fixing it

gonna run this scan myself now

Who watches The Watchmen?

• Moderators

Pretty neat little scanner.

Their other scanner is also really fast and will remove stuff that it finds.(well really bad stuff like trojans. I don't think it removes spyware).

I want to say that the last time I tried active scan it was done in under 10 minutes...

Fast and simple. Scan ONLY took 28sec. ^_^ Didn't try the ActiveScan 2.0 though because I know my computer isn't infected.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

Good link. Thanks

ran quick and easy, as you said, but 2.0 was taking too long so I quit out of it.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• 1 month later...

Just read the EULA for ActiveScan 2.0, more than a month after I ran it. :huh: Interesting cut and paste from near the end:

"11.- GENERAL- The user authorizes Panda Software personnel to visit him/her in order to verify that the conditions of this license are met.

The user knows and accepts that Panda Software may take legal proceedings should the user not adhere . . ."

No kidding, its in there. Wonder if they'll call first? :D

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Does that mean that they are collecting personally identifiable information on you..... :mellow:

Wonder if they send their reps overseas, It would definatly be worth taking photos of that occasion, A company company sending their rep over, we should all await the call/knock. :lol:

Very interesting observation login123.

rridgely (below) Posted Today, 11:29 AM

Just tell them you have a really big dog and they wont come.

:lol:

fireryone

• Moderators
Does that mean that they are collecting personally identifiable information on you

Nah, it means they're sending the two biggest eaters from Panda Software to your house at supper time! :lol:

Start cooking! :P

Does that mean that they are collecting personally identifiable information on you.....

:lol:

They'll get nothing from me but name, rank, and service number. :angry: