Restoring files from a reformatted hard drive

LoganX

well i gave up trying to fix my computere so i decided to reformat my computer instead.... but i realized that i had forgot to xfer some files onto my external hard drive... so i searched on the net about retrieving files that were deleted after reformat. I managed find a couple programs that can recover past files but i don't have the serial key for it... i was wondering if any one had a program that does this and would like to share their s/n with me or if they have or know a place where i can get the serial key for the following:

Data Doctor Recovery

Diskinternals Partition Recovery

Handy Recovery

I would appreciate it if anyone had any information on these and will be forever in your debt cause the files i'm trying to retrieve are photos from a digital camera which i ahve forgotten to transfer onto my exharddrive.

• Moderators

No, no one can give you links to pirated software keys. Stealing is stealing, even if its to get back your files.

How ever their are freeware and shareware programs that can recover files.(though because of the reformat your chances are not very good to be honest.)

Here are some freeware ones:

http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/system/fwdatarecovery.html

Shareware:

http://www.snapfiles.com/Shareware/system/...tarecovery.html

My suggestion for you for the future is buy an external hard drive and periodically back up your files. The drives are relativelly cheap now for pretty large ones, and if you really value your data they are more than worth it.(plus a lot of the nicer ones will automatically make the back ups for you.)

You can try recuva first.

There's also two excellent backup programs that will recover reformatted data 99% of the time:

1)File Scavenger

2)Handy Recovery

snapfiles.com has some really good shareware and freeware data recovery programs.

However, most of the good ones are crippled shareware.

For example File Scavenger limits files to 64 KB each and Handy Recovery allows you to

recover one file per day in shareware version.

shud be careful asking for serials to programs that your supposed to buy.not only can you get in trouble,but the site may also.

btw chances are you can get like a 15-30day trial for some programs which will give u the full use of it.check downloads.com

Who watches The Watchmen?

• 7 months later...

You can even try out Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery software to recover your data from formated hard drive.

Stellar Phoenix is a file and partition recovery utility which recovers lost data due to software malfunction, viruses, file/directory deletion or even sabotage.

Download the demo version from: http://www.stellarinfo.com/partition-recovery.htm

Demo shows the preview of the recovered data.