Computer Messed

LoganX

hi just recently my computer been acting up. I tried to opnen system restore..... it birngs me a blank window.... i try to go to search... says im missing a search companion file... and it doesnt work..... i try to open help file..... it doesnt even show up.... i try to log onto msn.... that doesnt work.... try to go on some site... i get a stupid ie script error.... nothing works!!!! and a hell lot more stuff thats messed.... i've been looking on the net for a solution but it didnt work.... nothing seems to work and i don't want to reformat computer because of this.... please if you have any solution to this help me

• Moderators

Usually when you are told by windows that a system file is missing ( in your case the search facility amongst others) the answer is to perform a complete windows file check.

This can be done by doing start > run >and typing in sfc /scannow ( NOTE there is a space between the sfc and / )

Have your windows xp cd handy.

Have you done any virus/malware checks lately?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

yes i have... i used spyware doctor, spybot, drweb-sureit, but i havent used a anti-virus program cause even now i can't download the new windows defender... i don't know why my computer started missing files... but when i was uninstalling a game when i was having a hard time... the system restore worked and when i finally uninstalled the game i tried to go to system restore, it was just a blank screen then i tried to go to help and support that didn't show, when to search, the search companion file was missing so i only have a blank window open with the dog there and then i tried to go on msn and that wouldn't let me. and i just finish doing what you told me and that didn't work

• Moderators

Depending upon your Windows operating system version many IE script errors can occur when using Microsoft's Java Virtual Machine (JavaVM) and "may" be avoidable by switching to Sun's Java Runtime Environment.

well i gave up trying to fix that so i reformatted my computer instead.... but i realized that i had forgot to xfer some files onto my external hard drive... so i searched on the net about retrieving files that were deleted after reformat. I managed find a couple programs that can recover past files but i don't have the serial key for it... i was wondering if any one had a program that does this and would like to share their s/n with me or if they have or know a place where i can get the serial key for the following:

Data Doctor Recovery

Diskinternals Partition Recovery

Handy Recovery

I would appreciate it if anyone had any information on these and will be forever in your debt cause the files i'm trying to retrieve are photos from a digital camera which i ahve forgotten to transfer onto my exharddrive.

also i'm wondering why whenever i try to press add reply it crashes my internet... been happening ever since i reformatted.... and so have my usb porb been acting up lately also... i try to plug in my external hard drive to transfer all the stuff back on but then i get a pop up saying how it's plugged into a non-hi-speed usb hub port which never happened before and when i try to move a program like winamp, it lags as i drag it.... so any solution to those problem would be very helpful...