Two bugs in last release

Whiteshark

Hi all,

just installed last release 1.37.456 over the previous, as usual.

1) Language returns to English after each restart of CCleaner

(my language is italian, i'm the CCleaner translator :rolleyes: ),

2) Just after cleaning, pressing the "Analyze" button it says there are 0 MB to clean (correct),

but pressing "Run Cleaner" button, it shows again and again all the crap of Temporary Internet Files.

Win XP sp2 patched - browser IE 6.

Let me know... thank you :huh:

max_sig.gif Guide in italiano per CCleaner - Recuva - Defraggler - Speccy

Hi all,

just installed last release 1.37.456 over the previous, as usual.

1) Language returns to English after each restart of CCleaner

(my language is italian, i'm the CCleaner translator :rolleyes: ),

Reply to myself :P

This don't happens unchecking the new advanced option "Save all settings to INI file".

Hope this helps :mellow:

• Moderators

I can confirm this. Switching between INI and Registry settings will reset back to English. Luckily, I knew where everything was at. I can't read Italian. :lol:

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

2) Just after cleaning, pressing the "Analyze" button it says there are 0 MB to clean (correct),

but pressing "Run Cleaner" button, it shows again and again all the crap of Temporary Internet Files.

Other reply to myself :P

This seems definitely fixed after i made a complete clean of my

Temporary Internet Files using the "old way" from Internet Explorer Menu:

Tools > Internet Options > Delete Files > Delete all offline contents.

Thanks TwistedMetal for your reply, bye ;)

I found some bugs in v137;

1,IF i chose my language and close the program and open again,the language returns to be english

2, the options "show detailed log of firefox.."and"save all settings to INI file"apear only in english language. in portuguese,only the box appear

3,every time i start the program, i have to configure my prefferences ,again and again

please fix the bugs, i LOVE CCleaner

I also found a bug in this new version. It still does not destroy the file names of erased files. The files are destroyed after running CCleaner, but the file names still exist and untouched. This may be happening only on FAT32 systems. Options I have 'checked' are 'secure file deletion / simple overwrite (1 pass)' and I do not have 'Only delete files in Windows Temp folder older then 48 hours' checked. CCleaner indeed destroys the contents of the Temporary Internet files (as it always has), but it still leaves the overwritten files' names intact.

I also found a bug in this new version. It still does not destroy the file names of erased files. The files are destroyed after running CCleaner, but the file names still exist and untouched. This may be happening only on FAT32 systems. Options I have 'checked' are 'secure file deletion / simple overwrite (1 pass)' and I do not have 'Only delete files in Windows Temp folder older then 48 hours' checked. CCleaner indeed destroys the contents of the Temporary Internet files (as it always has), but it still leaves the overwritten files' names intact.

Was same here, having WinXP Pro and NTFS file system.

Just try a cleaning using the IE Tool, as i wrote in my previous message.

It seems like the names of Temporary Files that were on the HD before

the upgrade of CCleaner are memorized somewhere. After that cleaning

all seems to work properly here.

About the reset language problem, now i leave the option

"Save settings to INI file" unchecked, waiting for a fix.

:)

:unsure: Think I'll wait for the next release, too many bugs cropping up in this one for my liking (especially as one of the bugs is the filename erasing, which was the new feature I was most wanting). Its been a while since we last had a buggy release though so can't really complain.

To expand a bit on my previous post - I use an undelete utility to identify all deleted filenames before using CCleaner. My HD is completely free of recoverable files. Then I open IE just to populate the Temporary Internet folders. Close IE and run CCleaner. It destroys the temporary internet files, as well as the folders, but when I run my undelete utility again - there are all the file names I just 'erased.' Indeed the contents are not recoverable, but the filenames are totally intact.

Maybe 3 bugs in the latest release? I'm uncertain if this is the correct thread for this problem..... it's a CC bug and it's today.(well, actually it's tomorrow now) I just installed the latest version on my friends comp. The issues part worked well but I got an error saying cc had to close, do you want to send an error report. I sent 2. Three times this happened, even after uninstalling and downloading/installing from a different mirror. It does it about 1 or 2 minutes after selecting analyze in the windows mode. This happened in the initial run. I have an older version, 1.36.430 on my own comp that still works well so I'll not upgrade until it's fixed. I'll check back later in the hopes that a computer guru will magically appear here and give us a simple solution for this problem. Thank you for your help.