Windows Vista

Ok, call me insane. I've been looking at Vista and I think I like it. It has a lot of great features, that for someone that is not interested in looking all over the net for programs to do this and that, are all included.

I really like the look of the operating system, and as for security, i would just add my personal favorites and be done with that. It may be resource heavy, but for my next computer, it will for sure have at least of gb of ram and a faster processor anyways, and disk space nowadays seems to be really a non issue what with the cheap storage we can buy.

I'm still looking at laptops (I like Toshiba, 17" screens) and think when I get one this year, I will get Vista on it.

From what I've read, you can put Vista on two operating systems, so if I get another desktop in the future, i can put it on that too.

Any thoughts on Vistas features? Has anyone been playing with the beta copies at all?

you're not insane. I like the look of Vista as well. Think I'm going with a Dell desktop with Vista Premium installed. I'm also going for 4 gig of ram so down the road I'll be covered. I remember when Xp came out the consensus was to wait and keep what you had. It turned out to be a very stable system as I'm sure Vista will be. To each there own ~ Go for it!! :D

Call me insane, but I'm going to avoid it like the plague.

Don't personally know the details, (not techy enough) but have read a lot about things from those who are techy.Like DRM and how it will slow things down, and how it will prevent me (or you) from realizing full quality on video/audio media. (ie: it degrades a lot of stuff unless a license has been recognised). Also, many third party softwares will have problems running on it, because of the complicated drivers requirements.

• Moderators

I think Vista will be good, but it has driver issues right now (several big companies are having problems making drivers for it). If you are into gaming, stay away from it for a little bit.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

I'm not into gaming, and all my media comes from legitimate sources, so the DRM issues wont affect me (at least i hope). If I ever get into (back into? does super nintendo count?:)) gaming, id go for one of the gaming boxes that they have nowadays. Keep it all separate from the computer system, and hitched to the big screen upstairs!

Man I cant wait till my kids get older and I can make the case to my wife that its good for their hand eye coordination for us to purchase the XBOX 1260! :)

I have windows vista. everything works great, for drivers for my nVidia 7900 GS graphics card off Windows Update

Only thing that dont work is my new Epson DX5000 All-In-One

Also with all the intensive graphics, the computer loads quicker, boots up quicker, programs load quicker, its amazing :)

EDIT: look here :)http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=SL6JFW7QYCWS4WMJ