Not Cleaning Firefox

Zayd

Up till about two days ago my CCleaner worked fine with no problems. Yesterday, however, I ran the cleaner and it said that close firefox to allow cleaning of the firefox cache. I had no firefox windows open and I tried reinstalling both CCleaner and firefox. The error kept on occuring and the firefox cache was never cleaned. This process was always skipped. CCleaner is an amazing program and I hope to have it running again soon. Someone please help me.

Welcome to the forum Zayd :)

Just have a quick check via the task manager that firefox really is closed when you try to clean.

Yeah I checked in the applications tab in the task manager and firefox isn't running.

Have a look here, see if any info helps.

http://forum.CCleaner.com/index.php?showto...closing+firefox

If not, wait for futher help as I am an opera user :)

I read it and posted in it. I hope there is a solution to this problem and I really like CCleaner. Yesterday I installed an extension from the firefox website that made it easy to switch between tabs but I uninstalled it after like twenty minutes from the firefox add on menu. Could this be the source of the problem? If so what can be done to fix it?

This is strange. I opened up Internet Explorer 7 and left it running just to see if the message came up for IE. I had internet explorer 7 open and no firefox windows open and analyzed. The firefox message came up again but there was no message for internet explorer. Why is this happening?

This is strange. I opened up Internet Explorer 7 and left it running just to see if the message came up for IE. I had internet explorer 7 open and no firefox windows open and analyzed. The firefox message came up again but there was no message for internet explorer. Why is this happening?

Having IE open is irrelevant, IE doesn't need to be closed to clean its cache.

You should probably just restart your computer and try again, it could be something that went goofy during your current Windows session.

I tried that. I think something is wrong with my computer. It is having other problems as well. It seems to be freezing up all the time. I'm just going to get it reimaged.