Nice list

hazelnut

• Moderators

Nice list here of free apps with links to other things.

On the right under recent comments I spotted a write up on Recuva, the new brother for CCleaner.

http://www.winaddons.com/top-300-freeware-software/

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

http://forum.CCleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=8441 :P

Just watch out with a few of those on the list.

My list is in my Sig. :lol:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

decided to get secure shredder from that list,needed a new one since i got rid of system mechanic.

you got a lot of anti-spyware programs in ur list new_age,not a fan of spyware terminator myself,but rest are nice.i use ad-aware/spybot/spywareblaster and i get like 0 spyware these days.shud check out spywareblaster

Who watches The Watchmen?

Those both are closer to Word than notepad.(that old version of atlantis is terrible. Abiword is cool though)

If you want something close to notepad you could use this:

http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm\

Also hazle I don't see how to make tuxracer go online... I downloaded the zip version.

You can'tplay on line I don't think.

I have tux racer and it is very addictive, I take up the challenge with Hazelnut aswell !

You can'tplay on line I don't think.

I have tux racer and it is very addictive, I take up the challenge with Hazelnut aswell !

Thanks. Tried it a while back (note pad +) but wasn't to happy with it. maybe I'll give it a second look

Thanks again

I think that is a pretty poor list of freeware. There are many quality programs missing, such as:

GMail Notifier under Internet

KCeasy under P2P

AIM Ad-Hack under Chat

Jetico Personal Firewall under Security

Hover IP under Network

Core FTP LE under Servers

Quintessential Player under Audio

MPlayer under Video

and many others.

Anyone using that list to find good programs to use will sadly miss out on some excellent products. :rolleyes:

Dell Latitude D600

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1

follow_me-c.png

• Moderators

On windows MPlayer is owned by media player classic. Mplayer is ok on linux just because their are slim pickings though. :P

Quintessential's beta player is pretty good but the stable one is not really that great on library support.(whats up with this programs developers? There hasn't been a new version in a while. :( )

Aim Ad hack is pretty good but even the new aim thats been cleaned up is way way too bloated. Gaim beta allows you to be signed on multiple accounts at a time.(awesome) Plus its not bloated and has spell check support.

Jetico is good and the others in your list I either haven't tried or don't have a use for. :P

MPlayer is owned by MPC? I've used both and MPlayer is a different program, so thats a surprise. I use the MPUI front-end for MPlayer.

Yes, QCD doesn't have the best play list support, but not everyone has the need to organize 10,000 songs. They're next version will include a full media library however. If I needed an iTunes alternative, I would definitely use Songbird.

I agree that the AIM 6.0 version of Ad-Hack is bloated, thats why I use the "classic" 5.9 version. No ads/spyware and very lightweight!

Dell Latitude D600

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1

follow_me-c.png

May have already been posted. :unsure:

Under Anti Keyloggers Neo's SafeKey seems interesting.

Neo's SafeKey (#1), provides a virtual keyboard which changes "width and height each time, as well as its placement on the screen (to fool mouse-loggers, buttons will always be in different positions each time you use the program)". You then drag and drop the password into the form field, so it doesn't rely on the clipboard at all.

Castlecops Lists of freeware security software