Uninstalled Opera But Still In Cclenaer App List

JayDub

I'm not an Opera user myself, but try the following:

Close CCleaner.

Now see whether you still have the "Opera" folder in C:\Program Files; if so, delete it.

Next, Copy the text inside the 'Code' box to Notepad, and save in a location of your choice as Fix.reg (make sure you save as type: 'all files')

Doubleclick Fix.reg, and answer yes when prompted to add its contents to the Registry.:

REGEDIT4

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Opera Software]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\opera.exe]

Now relaunch CCleaner, and see whether the issue is resolved.

I'm not an Opera user myself, but try the following:

Close CCleaner.

Now see whether you still have the "Opera" folder in C:\Program Files; if so, delete it.

Next, Copy the text inside the 'Code' box to Notepad, and save in a location of your choice as Fix.reg (make sure you save as type: 'all files')

Doubleclick Fix.reg, and answer yes when prompted to add its contents to the Registry.:

REGEDIT4

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Opera Software]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\opera.exe]

Now relaunch CCleaner, and see whether the issue is resolved.

I had already cleared out Opera from the program files and removed obvious Opera registry entries. However tried your script and guess what? It's still there!!

Any other ideas?

Not really; as I said, I don't have Opera installed, so I can't check my own Registry.

Maybe someone who is himself an Opera user can have a look and tell you what it could be that CCleaner detects here.

Thanks for your help anyway. :rolleyes:

Look in your Application Data folder. Usually "C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data". If there is folder called Opera delete it.

Doh!!

Thanks for pointing out the blindingly obvious. It's always much easier when you know the answer. :rolleyes:

So annoying when you uninstall something, and it leaves traces behind of its presence.

When you uninstall something, it should be absolutely gone.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

So annoying when you uninstall something, and it leaves traces behind of its presence.

When you uninstall something, it should be absolutely gone.

Yes, wouldn't that be nice... :rolleyes: However, most applications' uninstallers do leave an astonishing amount of garbage behind. Only solution: an install monitor to take snapshots before and after, like Ashampoo Uninstaller, Total Uninstall, and so on... we've discussed this before somewhere...

Yes, wouldn't that be nice... :rolleyes: However, most applications' uninstallers do leave an astonishing amount of garbage behind. Only solution: an install monitor to take snapshots before and after, like Ashampoo Uninstaller, Total Uninstall, and so on... we've discussed this before somewhere...

Yeah, but it would be cool of download sites such as download.com, Tucows, Softpedia, etc had some kind of test where they checked and gave software that don't uninstall fully and properly a lower score/rank or put a warning/notation on its page about it.

Most of the software on those download sites are just junk, a huge deal of them are crippleware and trials/demos.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png