Where Are The Files In The "custom" Screen Stored?

telezilla

Hello,

Is there a way to generate a TEXT file containing all the items in the Custom screen?

This way, I can easily add or remove the files or folders that I'd want to wipe by simply using a text editor.

I find the current method of manually navigating the maze of folders to be VERY time consuming.

At any rate, I'd like to know where this information is currently stored.

Thanks.

hi telezilla

since i was interested in finding those entries too i took a deeper look at my CCleaner installation. regmon showed that some registry values get modified while entering custom files or folders. run regedit and goto:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\CCleaner\Options

there are many REG_SZ values here, but take a look at the entries CustomFiles and CustomFolders. seems like simple text strings containing all your entered custom files and folders with | as seperator. There is also a | at the end of the strings. Here are some examples:

CustomFiles:

C:\Dir1\Temp.log|C:\Dir2\Temp.log|C:\Dir3\Temp.log|

CustomFolders:

C:\Dir1\Temp|C:\Dir2\Temp|C:\Dir3\Temp|

i didn't tried, but i guess you can enter additional files and folders here. exit CCleaner before modifing these values and keep in mind that these entries only apply to the windows user you are actually logged in.

edit:

or you can create a file with a text editor (e.g. notepad) and copy/paste:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\CCleaner\Options]

"CustomFolders"="C:\\Dir1\\Temp|C:\\Dir2\\Temp|"

"CustomFiles"="C:\\Dir1\\Temp.log|C:\\Dir2\\Temp.log|"

now delete my dummy entries and add your files and folders, just make sure you use \\ instead of \ in all paths, seperate all entries with a | and dont delete any ". i know it looks weird but its necessary to work correctly. save the file as CCleaner.reg, (not CCleaner.reg.txt). now doubleclick the file in explorer to import it into your registry. all existing CustomFolders and CustomFiles in the registry will be overwritten with the ones in your CCleaner.reg file so copy paste them to your CCleaner.reg before importing (dont forget to correct all paths from \ to \\). if you later add or remove some values to your CCleaner.reg file just import it again to update the registry entries. you can even log in as another windows user and import CCleaner.reg to get the same custom files and folders in this account too.

greets

belinda