Add/remove Window Disaster

jamjar

Hi

I've just used CCleaner and obviously wasn't paying sufficient attention to what was being deleted. In my add/remove window all the program uninstallers have disappeared along with the many of the names of programs installed on my pc.

What on earth has happened?

Hi

The program icons, the change/remove button, and program sizes were missing for all of the installed programs. I could no longer uninstall any of the programs. Instead were listed what looked like components of programs, as they appear in the uninstall list within CCleaner tools. Actual program names like AVG Antispyware, Site Advisor, CCleaner etc were missing from the list.

I noticed lots of entries to be cleaned or fixed while using CCleaner. I thought it strange and clearly should have paid more attention. But something must have triggered this to happen and that's the worrying thing.

I've done a system restore and the add/remove program list is now complete.

Regards

I've done a system restore and the add/remove program list is now complete.

Thats good news, I assume you did something in the Tools>Uninstall section. You don't need to do anything in the tools section, stick to the cleaner and issues sections.

Also have a read of the beginners guide here: http://www.internetrotsyourbrain.com/ccleanerbeginnersguide/

Hi

It was when I scanned for "issues" that these uninstallers appeared as items to fix. I was surprised to see such a long list especially as I had run a scan a few minutes before. Obviously I should have taken a closer look at what I was about to delete or "fix". When I went into windows add/remove programs a few minutes later, I saw the full extent of the damage done. Does anyone know what could have triggered these uninstallers to appear in the scan results?

Thanks