Any Way To Stop CCleaner Deleting 'desktop.ini'

Vartkes

I'm running on Win XP (SP2), though I have my desktop to show in Windows Classic view.

Recently this has begun reverting to the Win XP style. On examining the content of the 'CCleaner'

list of objects marked for deletion - I notice the 'desktop.ini' on the list. Always. Why?

Question - I am not sure what a '.ini' file classifies as under the categories of exclusion - I need to stop this

removal until such time as CCleaner sorts this glitch out.

Thanks

I use the Classic View as well, but the problems you're having don't sound familiar. CCleaner shouldn't delete any desktop.ini files except possibly for those in the History and TIF folders, if you set that option, but even that shouldn't produce the effect you're mentioning.

Are you having CCleaner delete any "Custom Files and Folders"??

Those listed desktop.ini files are temp files, that's why CCleaner removes them. Why you want to stop removing of them? Btw, do you use any skinning program, i.e. IconPackager?

No, I use no skins. However, I am using CCleaner in 'portable' mode - f that is relevant. Why do I want to preserve 'desktop.ini'? Because it is the only clue I have as to why my desktop is being resent to its 'default' look, rather than my customised look.

I use the Classic View as well, but the problems you're having don't sound familiar. CCleaner shouldn't delete any desktop.ini files except possibly for those in the History and TIF folders, if you set that option, but even that shouldn't produce the effect you're mentioning.

Are you having CCleaner delete any "Custom Files and Folders"??

No, I do not have any 'Custom Files' specified. I am beginning to suspect the 'portable' version of CCleaner on my machine (which is v1.35.424) - I started using this rather than the normal, installed version recently.