So Cold Outside

yeah its pretty damn bad in ireland also.i was outside in my garden moving stuff into the garage,was standing beside a table tennis table we have,the things are pretty big and heavy,wind managed to blow it down,missing me by a few inches.gotta wonder about global warming and all that considering how intense the weather has been for a while,never remember the weather being this bad 5-10 years ago

Who watches The Watchmen?

• Moderators
so its -37 degrees celcius today- -50 with the wind chill! yikes! kept my daughter home from school, and i skipped the gym.......

1984, you should have put your hat, gloves and boots on and skipped to the gym. :lol:

Joking apart, that is seriously cold. Brass Monkey cold!

Regards

so its -37 degrees celcius today- -50 with the wind chill! yikes! kept my daughter home from school, and i skipped the gym.......

Can't imagine it being so cold. :blink:

Never seen snow as yet either and when it gets down to around +2c in winter we all whinge how damn freezing cold it is.

37c yesterday and expected hotter today over here in Perth, West Oz.

Hey, humpty,

Isn't this a wonderful board ? I would suggest that yourself and 1984 are as far apart (almost) as it's possible to be geographically. Here in Manchester (uk) we've had a spot of wind and rain. As for -37 Omg, cold.gif

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

Funny thing is, in summer it goes up to PLUS 37 degrees celcius. I spend the summer at the cottage swimming and boating. We have whacky weather.

Annoying thing about the cold-my wifes van wouldnt start today, so i had to pull the battery and bring it into the house and put it on a charger overnight. when i get up in the morning i have to go back into the cold and reinstall it. the darn van was even parked in the garage, but still froze! oh i hate winter sometimes!

i also had to do traffic duty in two windy intersections with the lights down-talk about a cold evening at work. brrrrrrrrr ! wish i was chilling a cold with humpty in OZ!

Funny thing is, in summer it goes up to PLUS 37 degrees celcius. I spend the summer at the cottage swimming and boating. We have whacky weather.

Annoying thing about the cold-my wifes van wouldnt start today, so i had to pull the battery and bring it into the house and put it on a charger overnight. when i get up in the morning i have to go back into the cold and reinstall it. the darn van was even parked in the garage, but still froze! oh i hate winter sometimes!

i also had to do traffic duty in two windy intersections with the lights down-talk about a cold evening at work. brrrrrrrrr ! wish i was chilling a cold with humpty in OZ!

• Moderators

Here in the UK, I think most people, including myself, would suffer a bad winter as long as we knew we had a decent summer to look forward to.

But we can have a bad winter, and come April/May time start looking for the nice weather to creep in, and it just never does.

Before we can turn round, it`s coming up September again, and we`re still waiting for the good weather.

With regard to this winter, hasn`t been too cold here in the N.E. of England, but we`ve had week after week of really strong winds. A lot of property damage, and a couple of fatalities.

In fact, just before christmas, London even had a tornado. Real freaky weather most places now.

Been a lot of news over the last year or so about the Gulf Stream, or the Conveyor as it`s called in some quarters.

If this thing ever stopped, and they reckon the probability of that is getting higher as time passes because of all the cold fresh meltwater coming down from the Arctic and mixing with it. Then the Northern Hemispere would be in real trouble.

The events in the movie "The Day After Tomorrow" would, the experts say, become a reality.

I could always ask Humpty if he wants a lodger down there in Oz.

Regards

spent over an hour trying to fix a flat on my car after work this evening. had to finally call a tow truck to come do it. took them awhile, but they got the tire off. 46 bucks, and an hour of freezing my butt in the cold, and i still get to play with tire when i wake up before going back to work.

should have called in sick. :(