MikeW

Found the problem I think. I have had to delete the link to the forum from my favourites, then create a new one. All seems to be working ok now.

Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit - IE11 - Nod32 - Mbam pro

Found the problem I think. I have had to delete the link to the forum from my favourites, then create a new one. All seems to be working ok now.

I had this problem as well, but doing the above has solved it for me also.

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

I thought my problem was solved but it isn't. I still have to log in each time I access the site. The first thing I did was to delete the old cookie via Cleaner , then create a new one by returning to the site and saving the new one. This had no effect.

I don't really mind having to log on each time, but you know how it is, laziness gets the upper hand. I'm sure the solution is very simple and is staring me in the face. :rolleyes:

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

Yes there is definetly a problem i cant stay logged in either. I never really noticed till I went to reply to this. Not sure what it is, but just recently happened. Cowboy

• Moderators

Well if anyone is using Firefox try this in 'Tools->Options->Privacy'

1. Under 'Cookies->Accept cookies from sites' select 'Keep until: They expire'

2. Under 'Private Data' untick: "Always clear my private data when I close Firefox" or optionally enter it's settings and untick just Cookies so that cookies are kept.

Perhaps after doing that click the Log In text at the top of the CCleaner forum (not using the quick log in box), and make sure the box is selected to remember you.

Well if anyone is using Firefox try this in 'Tools->Options->Privacy'

1. Under 'Cookies->Accept cookies from sites' select 'Keep until: They expire'

2. Under 'Private Data' untick: "Always clear my private data when I close Firefox" or optionally enter it's settings and untick just Cookies so that cookies are kept.

Perhaps after doing that click the Log In text at the top of the CCleaner forum (not using the quick log in box), and make sure the box is selected to remember you.

All my settings are exactly as you describe, but I still have the problem. Very odd. I just can't think what it can be. :mellow:

It would seem the the new invision power program only alows a user to remember one forum with auto login. I have found if I remove the other forum I frequent then the cookies for this forum are remebered. But the bad news not both. So it looks as if I will have to log in everytime. Seems a very poor piece of programing

It would seem the the new invision power program only alows a user to remember one forum with auto login. I have found if I remove the other forum I frequent then the cookies for this forum are remebered. But the bad news not both. So it looks as if I will have to log in everytime. Seems a very poor piece of programing

Hi Mike, this doesn't seem very likely. I'm sure most of the regulars here are members of other forums other than this one (even though this one is the best ;) )

I have no clue what is causing the problem though. It can't be just the two of us experiencing this surely ?

• Moderators

I am a member of several forums and can access each one without having to log in.

You two must have something on your system in common perhaps. A couple of PM's between you may turn something up hopefully

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Hi Mike, this doesn't seem very likely. I'm sure most of the regulars here are members of other forums other than this one (even though this one is the best ;) )

I have no clue what is causing the problem though. It can't be just the two of us experiencing this surely ?

Perhaps others do not use the auto log-on. I also meant other IP based forums. Just to prove my theory I deleted the other forum and this one was then remebered and logged me in. The first forum wouldn't. I reversed the situation and my main photography forum is ok and this one wont auto log in again.

• Admin

I've changed two cookie settings which should hopefully solve the problem.

The new version of the forum had an additional cookie (enabled by default) which prevented cookie stealing by embedding IP-Location related info. I've disabled this as I don't believe we need the super security. :)

MrG

Thank you MrG that's done the trick, makes my visit here much easier.

Ditto. Thanks Mr G. ;)

It's happening again. I need to log in each time I visit the site. :(

I've sorted it out. I had the Firefox "Stealther " extension switched on by mistake. :rolleyes: