Anti-Aging Molecule Discovered

Humpty

A team of South Korean scientists on Sunday claimed to have created a ``cellular fountain of youth,?? or a small molecule, which enables human cells to avoid aging and dying.

The team, headed by Prof. Kim Tae-kook at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, argued the newly-synthesized molecule, named CGK733, can even make cells younger.

Article

• Moderators

Sounds like another so-called elixir in a bottle stuff like they were selling like crazy in the early days of the U.S.

Unless they genetically alter people into something else like "Homo Sapien Superior" I don't see any of it working.

Well, 100 years ago nobody believed there would be cellphones, TV's, computers, Internet, oven, fridge, etc.

So it can be hard to imagine what it will be in 100 years.

Science is pretty incredible.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

• Moderators

Science is pretty incredible.

Yes it is, but messing with stuff as that article demonstrates will only lead to questions both ethically and safety-wise. It's about as interesting (not to me) as what's being planned here in the U.S. to sell genetically cloned animals for food. "What would you like on your CloneBurger sir?"

Yes it is, but messing with stuff as that article demonstrates will only lead to questions both ethically and safety-wise. It's about as interesting (not to me) as what's being planned here in the U.S. to sell genetically cloned animals for food. "What would you like on your CloneBurger sir?"

Well, if you could extend your life span or increase your beauty, wouldn't you want it?

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

A team of South Korean scientists on Sunday claimed to have created a ``cellular fountain of youth,?? or a small molecule, which enables human cells to avoid aging and dying.

The team, headed by Prof. Kim Tae-kook at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, argued the newly-synthesized molecule, named CGK733, can even make cells younger.

Article

Zardoz is a good movie on this topic staring Sean Connery, Charlotte Rampling and Sara Kestelman:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zardoz

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators

A team of South Korean scientists on Sunday claimed to have created a ``cellular fountain of youth,’’ or a small molecule, which enables human cells to avoid aging and dying.

Article

Hi Humpty, and everyone else,

If something like this ever became a reality, the implications would be mindblowing.

How old would you be before you could use it ? Who would decide how old you could be before you used it ?

Who would decide what you had to be before you used it ? Would a Brain Surgeon have priority over a convict ?

Would a Moderator have priority over a Newbie ? (I like that one.)

And of course it would no doubt come down in the end to who could afford it.

Lets face it, there`s too many people crawling over this rock already.

I`ll tell you what would happen:-"Logans Run". That means you and me would be long gone Humpty, and probably a few more on here.

Unless we pal`d up and made a break for it.

Great topic,

Regards

Erixir? :lol:

:P

I've gotta agree with Andavari: I'm pretty skeptical on this one. I mean seriously, how many times have you guys seen "proven" all-natural weightloss solutions in the form of a pill? Or what about all of the lotions that make a bald person grow a full head of hair, or a person with acne instantly have clear skin? Those are tall enough orders in themselves, and rarely do they have any effect whatsoever. And now someone claims to have discovered a molecule that reverses aging? I would very highly doubt it.

Frankly, I have a feeling that the limits of this "drug" will be found soon enough, and it will end up as another anti-wrinkle cream lined up on a shelf with the rest of them. I guess time will tell, but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

• Moderators

it will sell once tested and proven that it dosent give sideeffects

There's the problem because so many drugs even good ole' aspirin can have side effects. Some of the drug commercials on t.v. are damn near laughable when they preach about what it does only to have a big list of the side effects.