Firefox Add-on

XPSP2

I can't remember what thread I was clued into this with, but I must say I love this NoScript Add-on for Firefox. I was having trouble with FF and went to IE7, but after reading about this add-on went and got it and I am no longer having any trouble with FF. It works faster than ever, blocks ads, almost too good to be true!

I highly recommend to anyone who does not have it yet.

Just remember that when a web page has functions that are not working or even fails to load at all, then it is probably NoScript causing the problems.

I love NoScript as well, I just could not put it on anybody elses computer, as much as I want to, because they would not have a clue what is causing the problems.

Just remember that when a web page has functions that are not working or even fails to load at all, then it is probably NoScript causing the problems.

I love NoScript as well, I just could not put it on anybody elses computer, as much as I want to, because they would not have a clue what is causing the problems.

Options, which is quite visible, (I leave the warning bar on the bottom when it blocks and/or sound to tell you it is blocking) temporarily allow, or alternatively, always allow depending on site and situation. Default is to reload page you are on if you do allow. I know enough to know I know nothing and find it quite easy to use.

I agree with every word of this. I love this extension,but it has caused a number of arguments between Mary (my other half) and myself. She uses IE at work, but has finally come around to my insistence on using Firefox on the home PC. Now, whenever a website doesn't render as it should, I just tell her that she has to enable scripting. This drives her mad. She just wants everything to work. She is however getting used to the idea. So much so, that I heard her discussing the principal of the No Script extension to an equally sceptical friend of hers just after Christmas. :D

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

yeah noscript seems to be pretty good.gonna re-dl it(i got it ages ago and it kept annoying me when some pages wudnt load up properly).

shud check out TrackMeNot,stops data profiling on search engines,and KeyScrambler which ofc protects u against keyloggers

edit : whats better,adblock plus or noscript?

edit : was just messing around with both of them,noscript seems to be really good,definitely keeping it!!shud been using it earlier

Who watches The Watchmen?

yeah noscript seems to be pretty good.gonna re-dl it(i got it ages ago and it kept annoying me when some pages wudnt load up properly).

shud check out TrackMeNot,stops data profiling on search engines,and KeyScrambler which ofc protects u against keyloggers

edit : whats better,adblock plus or noscript?

edit : was just messing around with both of them,noscript seems to be really good,definitely keeping it!!shud been using it earlier

I was experiencing problems with FF crashing even with just adblock as only add-on, extension, theme, to the point where I quit using FF altogether. But since retrying FF with just NoScript, it works beautifully again and faster than ever since you aren't opening and running all the ads.

Yeah, the NoScript extension is good.

It can be an inconvenience because some (dumb) sites don't work. But it does increase browser security, and prevents annoying stuff.

Before anyone goes Firefox+NoScript, its probably better if they first go Firefox without NoScript then get NoScript later on if they want it.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

• Moderators

Its good if it doesn't bother you.

I refuse to use any security program/measure that I feel gets in the way of using the computer for what its intended to do. Believe it or not the point of a computer is not to spend all your time securing it.(I think some people forget that. :P)

Having to allow pages a lot and load them twice just got too annoying. :D

I agree with every word of this. I love this extension,but it has caused a number of arguments between Mary (my other half) and myself. She uses IE at work, but has finally come around to my insistence on using Firefox on the home PC. Now, whenever a website doesn't render as it should, I just tell her that she has to enable scripting. This drives her mad. She just wants everything to work. She is however getting used to the idea. So much so, that I heard her discussing the principal of the No Script extension to an equally sceptical friend of hers just after Christmas. :D

Your wife is the typical user that MS tries to cater to(which I appreciate). I am not saying that in a bad way but that is the real reason behind the vulnerabilities of MS OS's and IE. They make it so you can use it immediately with practically no computer knowledge. Most people don't want to change settings to do something out of the ordinary browsing experience. IE6 can be a safe browser but set up in that safe fashion you can't download, certain pages won't look right etc... without changing these settings. Thats why I like the NoScript add-on, two clicks, settings are changed, and you are doing what you want.