ca antivirus

incy wincy

I have CAantivirus,which is due for renewal in 13 days, and don't I know it !!

For 2 days now,when on the internet every so often I get a full page pop-up with the CA homepage telling me this.

I am now getting fed up with this as I do find this kind of notification intrusive. <_<

Now they might think I have some sort of memory loss to which they have to remind me to "renew my license in 13 days ".unfortunatley for them I don't have a memory problem,and after 13 days I will not have CA as a problem either!

I shall not be "renewing my license in 13 days"I will be moving on to another AV.

I don't think that I am the first person to go elsewhere due to this, I am also pretty sure I won't be the last,which is a shame for such a good program :(

• Moderators

I had the same problem incy and also left CA because of it. In the last few days I had left with it, it was popping up everywhere.

It is a shame because I think I would have stayed if I hadn't felt they were harrasing me.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I have CAantivirus,which is due for renewal in 13 days, and don't I know it !!

For 2 days now,when on the internet every so often I get a full page pop-up with the CA homepage telling me this.

I am now getting fed up with this as I do find this kind of notification intrusive. <_<

Now they might think I have some sort of memory loss to which they have to remind me to "renew my license in 13 days ".unfortunatley for them I don't have a memory problem,and after 13 days I will not have CA as a problem either!

I shall not be "renewing my license in 13 days"I will be moving on to another AV.

I don't think that I am the first person to go elsewhere due to this, I am also pretty sure I won't be the last,which is a shame for such a good program :(

Maybe you should inform them of this, politely. Lots of companies would improve if they only knew how and in what ways. You might also be surprised by the response you get back from them. Perhaps a free renewal if you are polite and explain fully how you feel.

Maybe you should inform them of this, politely. Lots of companies would improve if they only knew how and in what ways. You might also be surprised by the response you get back from them. Perhaps a free renewal if you are polite and explain fully how you feel.

I somehow doubt that.

Although it would be a nice gesture.

yeah i found mcafee antispyware(i think) tried pushing their other software on me too aggressively,was quite annoying.but yeah like the other person said,you should tell them about it,im sure they would be happy for some good feedback

Who watches The Watchmen?

• Moderators

About the only "complaint" I'd have with Avast is that you have to re-register it once very 12 months to get another free license, other than that I like it. But also like what rridgely has stated before: you can turn off some of it's resident shields that you don't use. For instance I don't use any P2P, IM, or Email programs so I disabled those shields in it which in turn frees up some memory and resources for other applications.

I am now getting fed up with this as I do find this kind of notification intrusive.

Not only this, but the icon in the system tray continuously shows a yellow exclamation mark, which is not only annoying but also misleading, because it makes you think that AV is not updated or real-time protection is off or any such problem.

Just switch to Avast, AVG, or AntiVir and never again be bugged to re-purchase a license.

I tried all of those 3 mentioned ones...

And settled on AntiVir.. - I am very happy with it.. - and over all satisfied with the way this FREE antivirus proggy works :)