Printer Gets Lost

ropepusher

My HP Photosmart printer gets lost after I use the latest update to CC cleaner (actually, starting with teh November update). After cleaning and then a reboot, the printer is not installed any more and I have to finish installation again. This is getting old real quick.

• 4 months later...

Mine does the same thing. I'm using CCleaner 1.39.502 and Vista Home Basic 32-bit and a HP Officejet 7210 with the current HP Vista driver. After I run CCleaner my printer and scanner both disappear. Very annoying.

After running the cleaner or the issues scanner?

My HP Photosmart printer gets lost after I use the latest update to CC cleaner (actually, starting with teh November update). After cleaning and then a reboot, the printer is not installed any more and I have to finish installation again. This is getting old real quick.

Are you using Vista too?

After running the cleaner or the issues scanner?

Are you using Vista too?

No, Windows XP, SP II.

I finally uninstalled and wiped away every trace of the HP printer install and CCleaner and started over fresh. No problems since.

• 1 month later...

My HP Officejet 7310XI will not print after running CCleaner. This started late last year(2006).

HP software version "drv_rub_w01_ENU" 37.4MB. Printer works OK after doing a fresh install

and not running CCleaner. I do miss using CCleaner on my three home XP pro pc's. Wish I had

a fix for this problem.

• 3 weeks later...
My HP Officejet 7310XI will not print after running CCleaner. This started late last year(2006).

HP software version "drv_rub_w01_ENU" 37.4MB. Printer works OK after doing a fresh install

and not running CCleaner. I do miss using CCleaner on my three home XP pro pc's. Wish I had

a fix for this problem.

I got brave and tried CCleaner V1.41.655 on a Vista PC with HP7310XI using Officejet software

version AIO_ CDB_Full_Network_enu 166,988 KB. Printer worked fine for a week until I installed

and ran CCleaner. Wish I knew some way to fix this. Will check my three above PC's for failure.

• Moderators

Looking into this as well Firery as I am also affected by this.

There is the thread here you may have seen

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=10786

Perhaps when putting the driver disc in, it stores it in a temp file?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com