CCleaner from multiple user accounts, is it possible?

Ricky Marek

1) I noticed that CCleaner is installed for the curent user and not for all users.

Is it possible to intall it for all users?

2) Even that other users account now have administrator rights, I get the following popup window

when I run CCleaner from their account

ccleaneror3.jpg

Can somebody help me?

See also: http://forum.ccleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=7997

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forums Rucky :D

Have you tried uninstalling it in Safe Mode then restarting and installing it in Safe Mode?

It should then work on all accounts.

Be sure to log in as the Administrator when going into Safe Mode.

-aaron ;)

Or you could just run it from your account. Right click on the short cut, and choose "run as". Enter the user name and password for the account that you want to clean, and run as normal. I too have three accounts on my machine, though only one with admin rights. This method works very well for me.

Or you could just run it from your account. Right click on the short cut, and choose "run as". Enter the user name and password for the account that you want to clean, and run as normal. I too have three accounts on my machine, though only one with admin rights. This method works very well for me.

Why can CC simply clean up all the dross from EVERY account on the computer?

Why can CC simply clean up all the dross from EVERY account on the computer?

If it did that my girlfriend would be very unhappy with me as she sometimes puts things in recycle bin till she makes up her mind whether to keep or not.

If it did that my girlfriend would be very unhappy with me as she sometimes puts things in recycle bin till she makes up her mind whether to keep or not.

Er... OK, wh can't she stick them in a folder "Decision Needed" or similar ;) Surely safer??

OK, Temp folders and Temp Internet folders surely can be wiped??

Er... OK, wh can't she stick them in a folder "Decision Needed" or similar ;) Surely safer??

OK, Temp folders and Temp Internet folders surely can be wiped??

They are. You'll have to read the guide on their options though.

Personally, I don't want other people in control of my user profile and making the decisions as to when and what gets deleted. I would bet money that other people who have computers with multiple users feel the same way. I don't bookmark every page I go to. Should I decide to go back, I have my history files, unless someone else deleted them for me.

• 4 weeks later...
They are. You'll have to read the guide on their options though.

Personally, I don't want other people in control of my user profile and making the decisions as to when and what gets deleted. I would bet money that other people who have computers with multiple users feel the same way. I don't bookmark every page I go to. Should I decide to go back, I have my history files, unless someone else deleted them for me.

Yus but if you loan out computers as a company to multiple users, and you have template acounts then it is useful to delete all their junk in one go.

Its not usefull for a home user but i know quite a few admin who will like this.

Yus but if you loan out computers as a company to multiple users, and you have template acounts then it is useful to delete all their junk in one go.

Its not usefull for a home user but i know quite a few admin who will like this.

A company should be able to purchase a program. I believe this to be morally appropriate for any company that wishes to make a profit. Non-profit company/organization is a different story.

Maybe you should inquire/suggest about a corporate version of CCleaner!

• 1 month later...