FireFox 2.0.0.1 is released

SEK800i

I don't know about any1 else, but I have been experiencing problems with FF2. I hope this update cures it as I was even considering going back to IE7 just this am. Problems = experiencing a problem-firefox needs to close immediately- I see this now more than when I used IE6; Portions of web pages overlapping making unreadable and just generally not presenting page properly. Also, keep getting a green bar just below tabs saying synchronization complete. With what? To what? Try to click, or r-click, just disappears, I get no info on the matter. I am thinking it could be in conflict with AdBlockPlus(ABP). Any1 have any ideas on this?

i think you're using a broken extension ;)

Remove all u think?

Also forgot this one till it just happened again. Program not responding(Firefox).

Figured I would uninstall and start fresh, export bookmarks to desktop, look at desk top, shows bookmarks with an IE7 icon, yet they are the 1's from FF.

Remove all u think?

Also forgot this one till it just happened again. Program not responding(Firefox).

Figured I would uninstall and start fresh, export bookmarks to desktop, look at desk top, shows bookmarks with an IE7 icon, yet they are the 1's from FF.

The bookmarks having the Explorer icon isn't a problem, mines the same.

Try starting Firefox in Firefox safe mode (Start>All Programs>Mozilla>Firefox (safe mode)) see if the problems still occur.

Also to make the reinstall a little simpler try using FEBE (Firefox Extension Backup Extension), then you can backup all your bookmarks, extensions etc then reinstall one by one till you find the one at fault.

The bookmarks having the Explorer icon isn't a problem, mines the same.

Try starting Firefox in Firefox safe mode (Start>All Programs>Mozilla>Firefox (safe mode)) see if the problems still occur.

Also to make the reinstall a little simpler try using FEBE (Firefox Extension Backup Extension), then you can backup all your bookmarks, extensions etc then reinstall one by one till you find the one at fault.

I have just re-installed, before I saw your post, all bookmarks and add-ons were already included again, they did not get un-installed, didn't even ask to import from IE7. Also, Mozilla site only had FF 2.0 for download. I will try this as is, with the fresh install, if problems are persistent, I will follow your recommendations.

Thank-you very much,

XPSP2

I have just re-installed, before I saw your post, all bookmarks and add-ons were already included again, they did not get un-installed, didn't even ask to import from IE7. Also, Mozilla site only had FF 2.0 for download. I will try this as is, with the fresh install, if problems are persistent, I will follow your recommendations.

Thank-you very much,

XPSP2

I think maybe FF leaves the profile folders intact after uninstall and they may need to be removed manually (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong)

For a clean uninstall, after uninstalling FF make sure the Firefox program folder and Firefox application data folder have been removed. Find them at:

C:(or whatever drive letter)\Program files\Mozilla Firefox

and C:\Documents and settings\(USER NAME)\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox

Then run CCleaners issues scan to remove any reg entries. It should then install clean. Don't forget though, if your going to use FEBE to backup your bookmarks and extensions make sure you create a backup before uninstalling ;)

i would just disable them and see what happens after that. if the same problems occur, then something is wrong with Firefox

Down to bare bones FF, un-installed all add-ons, ran CCleaner, twice, as I forgot to do it on my limited account, which is the one I always use for the net, now wait and see I guess. Already a lot faster without the add-ons though I have noticed.

Thanks,

XPSP2

Down to bare bones FF, un-installed all add-ons, ran CCleaner, twice, as I forgot to do it on my limited account, which is the one I always use for the net, now wait and see I guess. Already a lot faster without the add-ons though I have noticed.

Yeah, its always a good idea to try and run with as few extensions as possible. I regularly go through them and uninstall any I don't really need or don't use often. Its easier said than done though with so many great extensions out there, currently using 34 which is the most I've ever had :unsure:

I also received the warning about the Java RTE 6; however it works just fine. No problems at any Java site, e.g. at http://secunia.com/software_inspector/

whats the difference between an official release and a release from filehippo?

It's the same. The final release is usually available on the Mozilla.org FTP site a few hours before the official announcement. This is that distributors such as Filehippo or Majorgeeks can make it available in time.

Firefox finally told me yesterday morning about new update. got it, installed it, used all day no problem. was just viewing another article elsewhere, flash, I am looking at my desktop. I have been using FF for over a couple of years now but I think it is time to see if I get these problems with IE7 as well.

I have noticed that the fox is disappearing up north too but I think this is due to the increase in wolves.