CCleaner from other user account wont start/install

Ricky Marek

Hello,

In my PC I have 3 accounts, currently all have administrator rights. (in the past only the main one had), one for me, and the another two are for my children that share this computer.

Ccleaner will install and run from my account without any problem.

Ccleaner is not in the Start Menu from the other accounts... is a way to solve this problem?

If I uninstall, and then re-install it in one of the other two accounts, installation works, but on the first run

I get the following window:

ccleaneror3.jpg

and the only thing I can do is un-install it.

Re-installing from the main account works, but I can not run it from the other two accounts.

As far I see, it cleans the temporary files deppending on the profile you use to run it.

Any help?

Thanks in advance.

--- Ricky Marek.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Ccleaner will install and run from my account without any problem.

Ccleaner is not in the Start Menu from the other accounts... is a way to solve this problem?

Hi Ricky,

I don't have Ccleaner installed in our XP computer, but when I want programs to be available to all users this has worked for me:

Log on in admin account that installed the program. Right click the start button, select OPEN. The Start Menu folder opens. Double click Programs. Locate CCleaner, right click it and select CUT. Close the window. At desktop right click Start and select Open all Users. Double click Programs. Click EDIT, click Paste. CCleaner should appear. Close the window.

Maybe this will make CCleaner available to all users. If not, you can always reverse what you did.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely, Libra

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ricky,

I don't have Ccleaner installed in our XP computer, but when I want programs to be available to all users this has worked for me:

Log on in admin account that installed the program. Right click the start button, select OPEN. The Start Menu folder opens. Double click Programs. Locate CCleaner, right click it and select CUT. Close the window. At desktop right click Start and select Open all Users. Double click Programs. Click EDIT, click Paste. CCleaner should appear. Close the window.

Maybe this will make CCleaner available to all users. If not, you can always reverse what you did.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely, Libra

With the action you described, you just moved the shortcut of CCleaner to a different location that will appear to all users, but that is not the solution to my problem.

The problem is that even if I install the tool as administrator, and then try to run the tool from a different account, I get the popup window I previously mentioned. :(

It seems that the tool is trying to access something that is denied from the users accounts, that today have administrator rights but in the past they were regular user accounts.