Vista Transformation Pack

Jawbax

• Moderators

It's not that bad elsewhere, however look how big and stupid looking the Firefox address bar is in the screenshot below. Hmm I just noticed the tabs are big too. :lol:

Screenshot (click to enlarge):

vtfrc1.png.xs.jpg

This thing is going bye-bye on my system after posting this because I can't stand the dark coloured taskbar one bit.

• Moderators

Just a note to anyone that tries this:

* Uninstallers like Total Uninstall are useless, they won't help get rid of it!

* If you use a disk cleaning program like CCleaner you need to reboot due to it putting PendingFileRename options in the registry, if you don't reboot the installer with complain.

* You need to manually make a System Restore Point before installation, the installer doesn't make one.

* It should be installed in Safe Mode!

* To fully uninstall it you'll have to use that System Restore Point you created before the installation - well at least I did.

Transformation packs like this are for 'newbies' who don't really know or care to customize their own PCs. Personally, doing everything manually with a Visual Style or IP is much easier, not to mention safer. Anything that modifies that many critical system files is pretty dangerous.

Transformation packs like this are for 'newbies' who don't really know or care to customize their own PCs. Personally, doing everything manually with a Visual Style or IP is much easier, not to mention safer. Anything that modifies that many critical system files is pretty dangerous.

Agreed, I briefly looked into the transformation pack and read too many problems with it for my liking. I'm currently using MiVista 5720 theme with the Vista Perfection Styler toolbar and got some nice, mostly Vista, sounds. Only thing missing is some nice new icons, just haven't got round to them yet.

• Moderators

Never had a chance to edit my post as only getting to it now, but was too "trigger happy" and never checked it out myself.

:rolleyes::lol: New forum rule, new forum rule, don't suggest crapware unless you try it out yourself first. :lol::P

Actually the app isn't really crapware at all (so no offense to the author of it). It does have some areas that need fixed just from my first glancing of it - however the system modifications alone are far too much for my tastes which is why I wouldn't recommend it, thankfully there's system restore.

• 2 weeks later...

Vista theme?

<shivers>

I prefer the classic Windows look. It's simple and clean.

I agree totally. I have tried various ms styles, including WindowBlinds, Vista Pack, etc. and I just keep coming back to Windows Classic. It is simple and clean - well stated. :)