Problem Solving

coldo

Recently my computer decided to "break" down. im in the process of changing the components of my computer to try and find the sourve of the problem. so far i have changed the graphics card, motherboard ,ram and the motherboard all of which i know work, although i am havin doubts over the motherboard. Still wheni go to turn my pc on it will start up ir processor sound comes on but the monitor will not turn on. there are no harddrives in and the power supply was faulty (i am using a new power supply now) . any suggestions??

• 3 weeks later...

Recently my computer decided to "break" down. im in the process of changing the components of my computer to try and find the sourve of the problem. so far i have changed the graphics card, motherboard ,ram and the motherboard all of which i know work, although i am havin doubts over the motherboard. Still wheni go to turn my pc on it will start up ir processor sound comes on but the monitor will not turn on.

When trouble shooting, it is usually best to work backwards. I would start by seeing if another monitor will work.

there are no harddrives in and the power supply was faulty (i am using a new power supply now) . any suggestions??

Might also want to look at putting in a hard drive and then an operating system so you have something to turn on.