Help!

valmak

I ran CCleaner and now have massive deframentation on both patitions ... And cannot defragment. It says the biggest problems are in Documents and Settings, but I can't delete anything to do with CCleaner ... can't get a 'merge' to appear by right clicking anything....

Am I going to have to reformat to get my system working again? :(

Try running chkdisk and then see if you can defrag. If you don't know how to use chkdisk here are some pretty good instructions. :D

http://www.ferris.edu/tac/SoftwareHardware/00027000.cfm

If that doesn't work let me know.

I ran chkdisk, disc clean up, tried restoration... (that didn't work, but I don't know if that had anything to do with this problem or not... I don't have Registry Mechanic set to 'auto backup', but in the past, it stole the job....)

I had a 'back up' file, probably on both partitions and that has some of the stuff in it that I can't delete... I have spent hours trying to delete everything that might be connected and when I get the warning that either I can't because some other program is using it or it might disable a program I need, I'm afraid to go ahead for fear that it really will mess up something I don't want to screw up!