Two lots of favourites ( British spelling!)

hazelnut

• Moderators

I use opera 99% of the time although I keep IE7 as my default.

What I didn't realise is that bookmarks, or favourites as some people call them, when added in opera are not shown when I use IE.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I only used firefox ( I assume kinda like opera )for a short time & had to open My favorites from IE to add them to firefox. theres probably an easier way but I just opened the links one by one & added them to firefox favorites. Anyway I guess You allready figured that out. lol . Cowboy

• Moderators

When I first used opera I exported ALL my favourites from IE to opera. Now when I add anything in opera to my favourites it doesn't show in IE.

I guess I just hoped I didn't have to do it for each browser !

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I only used firefox ( I assume kinda like opera )for a short time & had to open My favorites from IE to add them to firefox. theres probably an easier way but I just opened the links one by one & added them to firefox favorites. Anyway I guess You allready figured that out. lol . Cowboy

To add your Bookmarks/History/Options etc. to Firefox go under FILE then IMPORT a pop up box will ask you to import all these from Internet Explorer or Opera. If you just want to import your bookmarks of favorites which ever you like to call it. Click on Bookmarks then Organize Bookmarks then under FILE select either import to bring them in from another location such as a saved folder or you can export them to a folder later of you choice after you have compiled them to use as backup in case of a system crash if you have allot of bookmarks. I created folder on my 2nd HD where I store a copy of my bookmarks and my address book there. You can download an extension for Firefox called FEBE and CLEO that will backup your entire profile and package it into one neat XPI file you can find that here if you have a need for that. http://customsoftwareconsult.com/extensions/febe/febe.html

As far as adding favorites from one browser to another none that I know of automatically sync. your favorites or bookmarks. Thats why I created a separate folder and just import and export from it.

That's why I like Firefox it uses a single .html file for the bookmarks and all I do is create a shortcut in IE's favorites to that .html file and wallah all my Firefox bookmarks are available in IE.

Thats cool, i didnt know that!

That's why I like Firefox it uses a single .html file for the bookmarks and all I do is create a shortcut in IE's favorites to that .html file and wallah all my Firefox bookmarks are available in IE.

Could you possibly walk me through this? How would I move one saved favorite over from IE to Firefox. I tried the "File" to "import" and all that does is bring everything over that I already have.

Thanks

• Moderators

1. Open your Firefox Profile folder located in:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Windows XP User Profile Name\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\Firefox Profile Name.default
  2. Right click bookmarks.html and create a shortcut.
  3. Cut that shortcut and then open:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Windows XP User Profile Name\Favorites
  4. Right click and select Paste.
  5. Now rename the shortcut to Firefox Bookmarks.
  6. Done.

Note: This method doesn't import anything, all it does is let you use your Firefox bookmarks as if they were a webpage.

Thank you for the precise instructions. However it did not work for me. Had to allow hidden folders to start, got all the way to renaming the folder to Firefox bookmarks. When clicking on the new "firefox favorite" it asked whether I wanted to open or save it. I clicked on open and then it opened to a dos command. I was not able to drag anything into it. Maybe I missed a step??

• Moderators

I don't know if you missed a step or not, the instructions are what I did and it worked. I did however forgot to tell you to enable the view of Hidden Files and Folders.

You did click the Create Shortcut option from the pop up didn't you:

create_shortcut.png

Edit:

There's another way to do this as well:

1. Enable the view of Hidden Files and Folders.
  2. Open your IE Favorites folder in:
  3. Right click and select New->Shortcut
  4. Now browse to the bookmarks.html file located in:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Windows XP User Profile Name\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\Firefox Profile Name.default
  5. Type in the name for the shortcut: Firefox Bookmarks
  6. Done.

I don't know if you missed a step or not, the instructions are what I did and it worked. I did however forgot to tell you to enable the view of Hidden Files and Folders.

You did click the Create Shortcut option from the pop up didn't you:

create_shortcut.png

Edit:

There's another way to do this as well:

1. Enable the view of Hidden Files and Folders.
  2. Open your IE Favorites folder in:
  3. Right click and select New->Shortcut
  4. Now browse to the bookmarks.html file located in:
  5. Type in the name for the shortcut: Firefox Bookmarks
  6. Done.

Sorry to say but still having a problem. I get to the "shortcut" wizard and when I try naming the shortcut to Firefox bookmarks a box comes up saying the file Firefox can't be found. After the profiles folder I get an unusual folder open up where you say my Firefox Profile Name.default folder should be. Please see attachment

post-7644-1165239551_thumb.jpg