V134.407 NOT cleaning what previous versions did

gbj

A number of people have written with the same or similar problem in the latest version - 134.407. This version simply does not clean what all previous versions did - especially in the Windows folder - such as log files. Would someone please acknowledge this behavior, and either say that it will be fixed or state that it is in the program by design and that those of us who have a problem are simply 'out of luck' ? Thanks ! !

welcome to the forum :D

your the second person ive heard say about the log files, i wasnt aware that they were deleted but i guess they're supposed to be.

Would someone please acknowledge this behavior, and either say that it will be fixed or state that it is in the program by design and that those of us who have a problem are simply 'out of luck' ?

only mr g can tell us that because he is the developer and doesnt give out his source (which is smart).

what i would do is what for the next version and hopefully mr g will get this cleared up.

im letting him know right now ;)

-aaron

Don't know if this may help, but here are 3 entries from my winapp2.ini file. The latest version ignores them and leaves these files in my Windows folder. If I simply replace the ccleaner.exe file with the last version, these files all get deleted:

FileKey18=%Windir%|*.log

FileKey19=%Windir%|*.tmp

FileKey20=%Windir%|*.txt

Thanks again ! !

A number of people have written with the same or similar problem in the latest version - 134.407. This version simply does not clean what all previous versions did - especially in the Windows folder - such as log files. Would someone please acknowledge this behavior, and either say that it will be fixed or state that it is in the program by design and that those of us who have a problem are simply 'out of luck' ? Thanks ! !

Yes, its unfortunate as this version fixes a few bugs but seems to have caused a few minor ones too. There is a new version due soon as the current one was released with a partial fix to the IE7 problems which is still being worked on.

MrG has a busy few weeks/months ahead I think :unsure:

OK here are examples. when i run V134.0407, it cleans out all *.TXT, *.tmp and *.LOG files in my Windir folder. If I simply overwrite ccleaner.exe with V135.0424, it now leaves NDISLOG.TXT and IOS.LOG in my C:\Windows folder. I have used ccleaner for many months, and this is the first version that has not removed these files. Here are the entries i have in my winapp2.ini file:

FileKey18=%Windir%|*.log

FileKey19=%Windir%|*.tmp

FileKey20=%Windir%|*.txt

However, the latest version seems to ignore these settings and refuses to remove any *.log, *.tmp or *.txt files in my Windir... As soon as I replace the new ccleaner.exe with the last version - walaa ! ! the above files are once again removed... Hope this is enough information to help...

• Moderators

I have Notepad++ registried with log file type, maybe that causes it?

That really shouldn't have anything to do with it. Obviously it's something that's changed in CCleaner from the previous version. It's just one more thing for MrG to figure it, and at least he knows about it now.

It's just one more thing for MrG to figure it, and at least he knows about it now.

I have seen numerous posts in this forum, many of which complain about the same basic issue - that the latest version simply is not cleaning what previous versions did. I also read that 'Mr. G.' IS aware of the issue. However, it's been several weeks now and I'm sure everyone would like to know what is being done to resolve the problem, and perhaps an estimate of when we might expect to see a new release that fixes this issue. Please understand that I am NOT complaining about a free application, and a great one at that. Just want to make management aware that some word on progress on this issue would be deeply appreciated. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...