MS Office 2003 "Recent Files" not removed

silvio

Windows XP / CcCleaner v1.35.424 (but same with v1.34)

Everything works fine except that the MS Office 2003 "Recent Files" directory does'nt get cleaned, although the box Application/Office 2003 is checked.

I have to add manualy the cleaning of custom directory "C:/Document and Settings/<User>/Application Data/Microsoft/Office/Recent/".

Any explanation ?

• Moderators

Windows XP / CcCleaner v1.35.424 (but same with v1.34)

Everything works fine except that the MS Office 2003 "Recent Files" directory does'nt get cleaned, although the box Application/Office 2003 is checked.

I have to add manualy the cleaning of custom directory "C:/Document and Settings/<User>/Application Data/Microsoft/Office/Recent/".

Any explanation ?

I just noticed that yesterday myself after using both CC and MS Office 2003 for over two years :rolleyes:

One thing though is allowing CC to clean MS Office is that it will erase settings for apps like MS Word and there's no work around for that.

Thanks, Andavari. Yes you're rigth, it works for all single MS Office apps, but not for the common Office directory.

So there are two of us who noticed this. I must say I could'nt believe it, as this lack is so basic ...

• Moderators

I must say I could'nt believe it, as this lack is so basic ...

It can be added into CC by doing the following:

1. Run CCleaner then click Options->Custom

2. Click Add Folder and browse to that directory, note you may have to enable hidden files and folders.

3. Now click the large Cleaner button then look all the way at the bottom under Advanced and tick Custom Files and Folders. Now CC will empty out that Recent files directory.