e.mails

Hobbit

Could CCleaner in any way clearout a persons e.mail files. Can't see how myself,

http://forums.computeractive.co.uk/thread....#55921;

I've taken to task Members of the forum I frequent regarding issues with CCleaner but want to get my fact right 100% on this one.

I have previously been grateful of your help and support. Thank you in anticipation

ade

That link doesn't work. Computer active forum That is, I think the one you wanted to link?

Don't know the answer, but I've never had that problem. I don't have any of the boxes in windows explorer ticked, though.

Thanks for taking a look anyways Tarq57.

You can see what I'm up against here though. I'm recommending CCleaner when appropriate and all it takes is a few misplaced comments of a derogatory nature to put others off.

This was the link I was referring too.

http://forums.computeractive.co.uk/thread....?threadID=95937

I can access the other too, strange.

Thanks again ade

I've noticed certain settings, eg save windows size etc are lost if all the boxes are ticked in windows explorer. Mostly they can be got back, but I wonder if the user's problem has something to do with default settings being re-set in an application like Qurb (spam blocker)?

I guess you might be Rogerman40.

I've noticed certain settings, eg save windows size etc are lost if all the boxes are ticked in windows explorer. Mostly they can be got back, but I wonder if the user's problem has something to do with default settings being re-set in an application like Qurb (spam blocker)?

Hi Tarq

No 'fraid not , My AV is the blue skeleton at the computer, posts = quite a few.

My thoughts on the matter are it's purely a coincidence that the e.mail files have been removed. Rogerman40 likes the program as much as I do as you can see. Guess it'll have to wait till tomorrow now then to try and retrieve his lost files and dispel his negativity towards CCleaner.

What I've noticed more and more it's the people who wouldn't have a clue how to clean their system of a quarter of what CC does that are most critical :angry:

Thanks again

Ade

The member discussed in the previous post is an elderly gentleman and novice (more power to his/her kind I say) and will help best I can. From the link previously provided, and the additional posts since, CCleaner is a highly regarded 'must have' on your PC.

Thanks Tarq for your response to my original question. I hope should the need arise, I can prevail upon you and your fellow forum members for help and guidance as previously.

I think this is another we can knock on the head.

ade