Own an MP3 Player?

New_Age

Christmas is coming soon and I wondered if anyone is willing to buy a new MP3 Player? Well, I am cause my HDD stopped working in the darn thing in the MONTH of June!. I was upset. It was a Philips 2*GB Micro Juke Box. It hanged and froze alot so yeah... needed a replacement. I've searched and have finally found what I'm look for!

Archos - Founded in 1988, ARCHOS is a global consumer electronics manufacturer and leader in portable digital entertainment solutions. Committed to the most innovative technology, ARCHOS offers award-winning digital pocket-sized products that feature audio and video recording, photo viewing, gaming, as well as other multimedia and productivity applications, for the enjoyment of the most exciting entertainment anywhere, anytime. The company has offices in the United States, Europe and Asia.

I'm happy to what I found. Hope it will last a good bit. buying it from Amazon.com. I'm buying some good SONY Headphones and a protective carrying leather case to go with my player :)

Archos 104 4*GB

archos104silver34ba5.th.png

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

• Moderators

I have a rio carbon pearl.

I love it but rio went out of business so I dont know what I would buy next. I'm intrigued by the new MS player(zune) but its too early to tell if its good or not.

If I had to get one now it would probably be this:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Creative-La...roductDetail.do

As far as I can tell they offer the best compatibility with formats, and the most bang for the buck.(plus its supposed to be awesome quality)

In the price range of the one you picked I would get this:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Creative-Ze...roductDetail.do

Edit:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Zune-30GB-D...roductDetail.do

Apparently the zune is out.

$250 for what it does isn't a bad price. I just don't know if its any good yet. I'm sure there will be lots of reviews around soon.

Also it comes with a case and you get a free $20 gift card so by the time you buy your earbuds and case it would be about the same price.

I've been looking into Creative's MP3 Players and kept looking around but I saw that a few users had freeze ups. I hate an MP3 Player that was developed poorly. Why can't the developers create a Firmware to at least fix the freeze up problems for all... Mp3 Players on all known company's and yes... I MEAN PHILIPS!

I may look into Creative Lab's little pocket Mp3 Player but I'm on my eye with Archos new design. My step brother has one and it seems nice and hasn't locked up. Their Firmware seems to have Improved a lot of stuff that they missed once released. Just some minor Improvements though like... a layout redone in some menus.

Archos is new and I'm looking forward in staying with them. I'll probably E-Mail them and give them feed back on what needs to be Improved. A lot that would be to the Frame rate. It can hang for half-second while switching songs or menus. Not a big deal though. The bass controls on the player is NICE! Just the right headphones would be awesome :)

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

• Moderators

All I was saying is that at a little above the price range for that player you can get so many more features. I've never used an arcos player so I cant say how good or bad they are but I know creative makes good players.(My brother has the one in the first link I posted) Its a solid player and I like it, but at the moment I'm still liking my rio.

Everyone goes to the DAMN Ipod just because of there damn advertisements. Hate it!

Yeah but then you have to use itunes. :o

Right you are! Itunes is a bad... bad... program with too many Issues.

rridgely,

Creative Lab's ZEN-V 4*GB - Seems to be good. But I'm worried if I'll end up with problems as in hanging when switching songs, Freeze up, or low volume :( <<<(Not really a bad Issue)

thats the only downside about ipods though.

i like how they're big and can play videos but thats about it.

you can actually add music to it without going through itunes using another program, you may also be able to turn it into a mass storage device if i remember correctly.

you can actually add music to it without going through itunes using another program, you may also be able to turn it into a mass storage device if i remember correctly.

That may be true but just remember Ipods aren't the only MP3 player out there... <_<

Where did you hear about it freezing at? I haven't seen any mentioning of that.

Cnet:

http://reviews.cnet.com/Creative_Zen_V_4GB...7-31959327.html

Might want to look into the plus vesion or the vision m.

Some users on newegg (And not including the product I have linked) Stated their unit froze when they got it or with a week or month period they ran into problems which a lot of us ask... WHY! It scares many... many... other customers and that's why probably some go towards Ipods cause they don't have those problems. I'm not saying Ipods are the best which they're not. I just remember seeing some had that problem but that may just be them as they never EVER tell you what they did to develop the problem. Rather they dropped it, bumped it into something, etc.

I may look forward into Creative Lab's. I've had their sound cards and man aren't they good. I'll post back in a few. I'll look around :)

Found one.

Looks good. May consider it. And yes... I know update the Firmware and check once every 4 months or so :rolleyes:

Edit: I have 7.79GB of music :) Is that.. a lot or what!?

I have a LG VX8300 cell phone. By default, it's set up to play V-Cast WMA file songs at $1.99 a pop. But it takes about 20 seconds to unlock the hidden "Service Menu" and enable MP3s. Then all you have to do is drop in a Micro SD card, format it, put it in your card reader and download your MP3s.

I own a Sandisk Sansa e250 (2GB, see Sandisk.com). It is the greatest thing in the world. MP3, WMA, and .MOV playback, it gives me 16 hours of mp3 decoding before it drops. There is on-the-fly recording, FM recording, it's about the size of a Nano (a little bit thicker), and it's durable as all getup.

The software is really easy to deal with (I strongly recommend updating the firmware).

And I have two pairs of headphones: Koss Spark Plugs are my earbuds, and I have a pair of Senheisser PMX-100s for superaural use. Both sound excellent. The Koss Spark plugs are my #1 recommendations to anyone who wants a set of earbuds without dropping 80$ for Shure e2cs!

Headphones are a great investment.

Edit: NO, DO NOT, FOR YOUR SAKE, BUY SONY HEADPHONES - THEY ARE A WASTE OF MONEY.

Read my post for headphone recommendations.

IPB Image

I own a Sandisk Sansa e250 (2GB, see Sandisk.com). It is the greatest thing in the world. MP3, WMA, and .MOV playback, it gives me 16 hours of mp3 decoding before it drops. There is on-the-fly recording, FM recording, it's about the size of a Nano (a little bit thicker), and it's durable as all getup.

The software is really easy to deal with (I strongly recommend updating the firmware).

And I have two pairs of headphones: Koss Spark Plugs are my earbuds, and I have a pair of Senheisser PMX-100s for superaural use. Both sound excellent. The Koss Spark plugs are my #1 recommendations to anyone who wants a set of earbuds without dropping 80$ for Shure e2cs!

Headphones are a great investment.

Edit: NO, DO NOT, FOR YOUR SAKE, BUY SONY HEADPHONES - THEY ARE A WASTE OF MONEY.

Read my post for headphone recommendations.

Umm... I have a pair o Sony headphones and they work great. I'm going to buy some new ones though for better BASS.

I've found my match.

The Gmini XS 100 - The only differents between the Archos 104 and the Gmini XS 100 is that the Archos has a colored LCD Screen and the Gmini XS 100 has a plain Grey/lighted screen. No differents in HDD size. Both have 4GB which will fit my needs.

Work great compared to what? The earbuds that ship with your mp3 player? Sony's products are a joke. Please, if you intend to spend a single dime on headphones avoid them. You can get a much better product from brands like Koss, Shure, and Sennheiser. Go to an audiophile forum and ask if you like.

IPB Image

Work great compared to what? The earbuds that ship with your mp3 player? Sony's products are a joke. Please, if you intend to spend a single dime on headphones avoid them. You can get a much better product from brands like Koss, Shure, and Sennheiser. Go to an audiophile forum and ask if you like.

Sennheiser I KNOW is good. I have the Sony h.ear? Stereo Headphones (Blue)

and they have great over all volume. I don't see anything wrong with Sony and their headphones.

Sennheiser I KNOW is good. I have the Sony h.ear? Stereo Headphones (Blue)

and they have great over all volume. I don't see anything wrong with Sony and their headphones.

There is a lot more to headphones than how loud they get :(.

IPB Image

There is a lot more to headphones than how loud they get :(.

I know that. Bass, Sound Environment, etc.

I'm just going with the one I have in my Cart at Amazon.com.

(If anyone comments on my choice of my MP3 Player which is the Gmini XS 100 then go ahead) I could careless on features. Well, I would like to have one to support Videos but I'm ok with just my Music! I just wanted one to have choices to browse through the music by Album, ARTIST "Mainly :)".

For $10 more you could get this one:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/SanDisk-4GB...roductDetail.do

Has color screen with picture support and an FM tuner.(also expandable memory and a voice recorder)

Also it looks pretty slick too. :D I've heard sansa makes quality players too.

I find Voice recording to be rather pointless if you ask me. Well, my brother was looking into buying it and I saw reviews. ScanDisk is new in the MP3 Player business and I'm sticking with Archos and I might just get this.

Still looking into this. But on the other hand the Archos 104 has more features like changing the main screen and text :)

• Moderators

Even though they are new in the game they are doing something right:

sansa(watch video review)

http://reviews.cnet.com/SanDisk_Sansa_e260...7-31684139.html

Archos

http://reviews.cnet.com/Archos_Gmini_104_b...7-31867766.html

I'm not the one spending the money, but I honestly think the sansa is the better player.

i would go for e200 since

it's flash based instead of microdrive

video (ya ya, you prob won't many vids on tiny screen but still, you can watch them)

radio

microsd card slot

iono

archos seems like a nice player too though.. :mellow:

I've made my choice and going with Archos Gmini XS 100 or Archos 104. I can't rely on Scandisk just yet. Lots of people have complained about freeze ups and how the playlist is in A.B.C order which I really... hate! I want to browse by Album, Artist, Etc.

Arcohs does that and that's what I want. No Radio nor... no stupid Voice Recordering.

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't understand anything anymore.

Every1 wants a 20 ft. TV and a 2 in. player to watch movies on.

The only bad review I found about the Creative Zen was a loose jack connection right at the player that could be fixed by wedging in almost anything.