.NET Framework 3.0 Available

TwistedMetal

• Moderators

no point in getting it, really. there are little to no applications which depend on it.

That's what I was thinking initially! However I downloaded and installed it anyways because someone will eventually release an application that utilizes it.

no point in getting it, really. there are little to no applications which depend on it.

I agree...no point in really jumping the gun. I feel it's the same for Java updates. Why go through all that effort of a menial update if everything works fine the way it is (PS I would call dotnet V3 menial here...). I think sometimes we get too excited with updates regardless of their functionality :rolleyes:

• Moderators

Does these apps require a reboot? If so forget about it. Only time I reboot if I lock up hard.

On my system .NET Framework 3.0 didn't require a reboot, however since it's bloated and installs so many files and registry entries I rebooted on my own for a "safety precaution." Sun Java Runtime also didn't require a reboot on my system, and for that installation I didn't bother to reboot on my own.

On my system .NET Framework 3.0 didn't require a reboot, however since it's bloated and installs so many files and registry entries I rebooted on my own for a "safety precaution." Sun Java Runtime also didn't require a reboot on my system, and for that installation I didn't bother to reboot on my own.
I hate bloated things :angry: But, rebooting was smart.

Does .NET Framework 3.0 still require to be installed parallel with 1.0, 1.1, and 2.0?

[Edit] from the link in the post below

For customers that already have the .NET Framework 2.0 installed, this .NET Framework 3.0 redistributable package installs only the new Windows Vista components. This ensures that any .NET Framework 2.0-based applications work seamlessly when the .NET Framework 3.0 is installed, with no application migration or updates of any kind required.