WinXP SP3 delayed until 2008

Andavari

WinXP SP3 to be canceled

Seems the most likely to me. They will want everyone to switch to vista

I hope not cause most computers that people own can't even come close to running it.

P.S. - Lets hope Microsoft doesn't make us install IE7 :(

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

• Moderators

2008 is a long wait in my opinion but like the article stated MS isn't obligated to offer SP3 if they don't want to due to the updates already being available via Windows Updates and Automatic Updates.

I'm however in the next few days going to download all those free .ISO's MS is offering of previous updates and make a few DVD's containing them, that way I'm not re-downloading all those updates again in years to come but mostly if MS ever removes the ability to update WinXP online.

Doesn't it seem like XP will be towards the end of it's product life cycle by 2008? I haven't looked at the official roadmap lately, but 7 years after it's initial release seems pretty late to me. :huh: Seems like Microsoft will be encouraging Vista upgrades so heavily they won't bother with another SP by then.

Dell Latitude D600

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1

follow_me-c.png